Can The EVO 3D Download Pics & Vids Using Browser/3rd Party App?

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm thinking about getting the HTC EVO 3D, but I need to know a few things first. I have searched, but have not found enough details on these few questions. So I thought I would ask them all in one forum thread.

1. Can pictures be downloaded from web sites through the stock web browser, or by using a 3rd-party app on the EVO 3D?
2. Can Youtube videos be downloaded through the stock web browser, or by using a 3rd-party app on the EVO 3D?
3. Can videos hosted on file sites be downloaded through the stock web browser, or by using a 3rd-party app on the EVO 3D?
4. Can Flash-Based videos be downloaded through the stock web browser, or by using a 3rd-party app on the EVO 3D?

If the EVO 3D can't do this, can any Sprint 4G phone do some or all of this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Genesiss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can The EVO 3D Download Pics & Vids Using Browser/3rd Party A

Well i use tube mate to download videos from youtube. I have no need (so far) for the other thing you ask, but it would be nice to see what people say.

Reactions: the2ndflood

AppHunter

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

1. Stock browser can download pictures just like a pc, you tap and hold the pic you want, a menu comes up
2. Yes via 3d party apps, tube mate is my personal preference
3. Using stock browser, usually you can download
4. Not sure

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site

4. Yes if you go to the mobile version of a site with videos it will ask you do you want to play or download

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

Wow that was quick. Thanks for everyones help!

When you download videos or pictures, can you save them to a memory card? Can you also share those videos and pictures through email and text messages? Is there a limit on how large of files, or on how many files, that you can share trough emails and text messages? Last question I swear. What video formats does the EVO 3D support for both download and play, or do I need to get a 3rd-party video player?

Thanks again for all of your help! I just want to make sure that I use my upgrade discount on the right phone for me.