Went from Photon to 3D, one question..

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I just came from using the Motorola Photon for the last few weeks to the EVO 3D. The Photon was nice but very buggy and I had a lot of issues with it rebooting. So, I exchanged it for the 3D and so far I am loving it.

The one thing on the Photon that I really liked was its built in task manager. You could add programs to a list and those programs would be shut down after 2 minutes if the phone is not being used. Nice little battery saver. From what I can see, the task manager on the 3D doesn't work the same way. Am I correct in thinking this or am I just missing it?

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure the 3D does not have this option, but I also don't think it's necessary. Android handles tasks pretty efficiently by default. A lot of times "killing " apps actually leads to worse battery life. Many applications just restart after you kill them leading to more battery usage as they restart.

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure the 3D does not have this option, but I also don't think it's necessary. Android handles tasks pretty efficiently by default. A lot of times "killing " apps actually leads to worse battery life. Many applications just restart after you kill them leading to more battery usage as they restart.

+1

i think it started with Android 2.2+ , there really isn't a need for a task manager.. every once in a while if my phone starts feeling bogged down i'll open task manager and kill everything.. besides that i don't think you'll have to worry about it ;)

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, did you ever update the Photon? One of my customers had the same issue, and after it was updated, it was fine.

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep, did the Photon update as soon as it came out. Had the Photon for 3 weeks and really had no issues until I did the update a little over a week ago.Had random reboots, loosing icons off of the home screen after it was just sitting on my desk over night, and the worst part was what I think is being called the "screen of death" or something like that. This would be where you would hit the power button to wake up the phone yet nothing would happen ( mine would have the green notification light blinking but that was it). This would require a battery pull. With my 30 day deadline closing in I didn't want to risk it and switched on Friday to the 3D. So far I love it.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Weird, she had those issues before the update. She pulled the battery so many times that the back cover is now squeaking.

Sean-Troy

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Weird, she had those issues before the update. She pulled the battery so many times that the back cover is now squeaking.
I had to move to the photon until htc fixes the evo3d I have to say that the photon dose have a better radio or is on a better frequently don't know what I do know is when I was out of town my 3vo works better than it does when I am home and the photon works well at home I don't know what it will do out of town

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01