Use HTC Evo 3D in Egypt?

sequoia_1

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got this new phone and I had to move to Egypt unexpectedly for family reasons.

I would like to use my phone here on the vodaphone network but I don't see a spot for a sim card in the phone.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks

Lela

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
There are two versions of the phone... a European and US. Unfortunately it sounds like you have the US version, which is CDMA and does not use a SIM card.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
You can use it as a "house phone" as I use mine or use it to make free international calls. As long as you are connected to WiFi, you can make and receive calls, text, etc. It operates the same as an activated phone and voice quality is perfect! Plus, there is no contract and no monthly bill which is great too. :D But, obviously outside of WiFi, it won't work because it is not activated. This might be a good option for you, just make sure you sign up for a Google Voice number and download GrooveIP while you are in the US because if you wait you will have to pay like a penny per minute or something for international calling through Google Voice.... GrooveIP allows you to use your GV number to make and receive calls. And it works very well!

Reactions: CarrieK

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
You can use it as a "house phone" as I use mine or use it to make free international calls. As long as you are connected to WiFi, you can make and receive calls, text, etc. It operates the same as an activated phone and voice quality is perfect! Plus, there is no contract and no monthly bill which is great too. :D But, obviously outside of WiFi, it won't work because it is not activated. This might be a good option for you, just make sure you sign up for a Google Voice number and download GrooveIP while you are in the US because if you wait you will have to pay like a penny per minute or something for international calling through Google Voice.... GrooveIP allows you to use your GV number to make and receive calls. And it works very well!
This is exactly what my daughter uses my old Intercept for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch