Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Wiley_11
  • 2 Post By glenninduluth
  • 1 Post By CarrieK
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default New (old) PRL being sent! 3G speed fixed!

    I just did a PRL update as I have been doing several times a day for the last few days, and wouldn't you know it, my PRL just reverted "BACK" to 21081 and I have my 3G back! My phone was on 50580. Using the "Netmonitor" app it now shows I am on the EvDo rev.A network again. Just ran a speed test and I went from the crappy speed of only .13Mbps download to now getting 1.19Mbps. I can only guess Sprint has been reading about this problem here on Android Central:-)
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: New (old) PRL being sent! 3G speed fixed!

    Quote Originally Posted by GHB View Post
    I just did a PRL update as I have been doing several times a day for the last few days, and wouldn't you know it, my PRL just reverted "BACK" to 21081 and I have my 3G back! My phone was on 50580. Using the "Netmonitor" app it now shows I am on the EvDo rev.A network again. Just ran a speed test and I went from the crappy speed of only .13Mbps download to now getting 1.19Mbps. I can only guess Sprint has been reading about this problem here on Android Central:-)


    All I know is I'm not updating *anything* for 2 days, until I see the fallout, from now on!!
    CarrieK likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: New (old) PRL being sent! 3G speed fixed!

    I'm right with ya' on that one:-) I am "never" updating my PRL again!
    CarrieK and Wiley_11 like this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: New (old) PRL being sent! 3G speed fixed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiley_11 View Post


    All I know is I'm not updating *anything* for 2 days, until I see the fallout, from now on!!
    I hear you! As we say here "down South," If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Please thank me if I have helped!

    Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!
    Wiley_11 likes this.
  5. #5  
    jrun's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    ROM
    Miui

    Default Re: New (old) PRL being sent! 3G speed fixed!

    I'm on PRL 21081.. and i'm getting 1X in areas i would see 3G before. So i'm not sure what is wrong
    EVO3D - Miui
  6. #6  

    Default Re: New (old) PRL being sent! 3G speed fixed!

    Quote Originally Posted by jrun View Post
    I'm on PRL 21081.. and i'm getting 1X in areas i would see 3G before. So i'm not sure what is wrong
    Did you try doing a hands free reactivation? I did that when I reverted to the 21081 PRL. This appears to have helped others so you may try that. The instructions are here:

    Not picking up 3G?
    Please thank me if I have helped!

    Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!
  7. #7  
    ajbrad71's Avatar

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrun View Post
    I'm on PRL 21081.. and i'm getting 1X in areas i would see 3G before. So i'm not sure what is wrong
    Do a profile update and restart the phone and you should be good
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: New (old) PRL being sent! 3G speed fixed!

    Yes! My speeds are back, although it to would have been better if was over the weekend while I was out of town.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cristobal View Post
    Yes! My speeds are back, although it to would have been better if was over the weekend while I was out of town.
    2 of my evo 3Ds went from 50580 to 22081
  10. #10  

    Default Re: New (old) PRL being sent! 3G speed fixed!

    Same here, just ran a speed test, 1818 kbps !!!
  11. #11  
    onesie13's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 2.7

    Default Re: New (old) PRL being sent! 3G speed fixed!

    wow those are great speeds im in socal, did the prl fix and im getting. 600 kbps on 3g and when i do get 4g(rarely) im getting like 3mbps
  12. #12  

    Default

    3g .8
    4g 1.6

    Prl 21081

    sent from my EVO3d
  13. #13  
    dagone12's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

    Default Re: New (old) PRL being sent! 3G speed fixed!

    I can vouch for this... PRL went back to 21081 and my E3D is back to normal
    My Evo 3D > your phone
  14. #14  

    Default

    Yay the old one. the last version was complete garbage. my 3g just went down the drain after doing the update over the weekend.

    Sent from HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
  15. #15  

    Default Re: New (old) PRL being sent! 3G speed fixed!

    Quote Originally Posted by GHB View Post
    I just did a PRL update as I have been doing several times a day for the last few days, and wouldn't you know it, my PRL just reverted "BACK" to 21081 and I have my 3G back! My phone was on 50580. Using the "Netmonitor" app it now shows I am on the EvDo rev.A network again. Just ran a speed test and I went from the crappy speed of only .13Mbps download to now getting 1.19Mbps. I can only guess Sprint has been reading about this problem here on Android Central:-)
    How do you check if your phone is on EvDo rev.A or not?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: New (old) PRL being sent! 3G speed fixed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence76taylor View Post
    How do you check if your phone is on EvDo rev.A or not?
    I use Netmonitor. It is free from the Market.
    Please thank me if I have helped!

    Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!

Posting Permissions

B