EVO 3D Freezes and restarts while charging

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Idk who else has experienced this, but i have a first run Evo 3D and it happen twice to me where i charge my phone at night and i wake up to see that my phone alarm didnt go off, and i press the power button only to see that the phone restarts and once it boots up to see that their is a small charge on it. I haven't taken it to sprint yet, but i am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. I had done a soft reset and hopefully this wont happen to me again.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi! It sounds like your phone is not holding a charge while on the charger overnight for some reason. Are you able to charge normally at other times? Are you using a different charger at night? I had an older charger that I noticed was not working so I got another cheap one I use as a backup instead and have had no problems since.

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Pre AC adapter with a USB cable i recently switched with. This issue previously had happened with the Pre USB cable and Adapter and now it has happened with the AC adapter and a longer usb cable. I think it is a RocketFish cable, but it doesnt happen frequently, it happen about 2-3 times so far. And it was running when i plugged it it at night and 6-7 hours later, i pick up my phone which is still connected (not hot) and i press the power button, and next thing you know it is restarting. But thanks for the advice everyone

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Pre AC adapter with a USB cable i recently switched with. This issue previously had happened with the Pre USB cable and Adapter and now it has happened with the AC adapter and a longer usb cable. I think it is a RocketFish cable, but it doesnt happen frequently, it happen about 2-3 times so far. And it was running when i plugged it it at night and 6-7 hours later, i pick up my phone which is still connected (not hot) and i press the power button, and next thing you know it is restarting. But thanks for the advice everyone

You're welcome :)

Has this ever happened with the charger and cable that came with your EVO 3D? Perhaps try using it exclusively and see if it happens any more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20