phone is plugged in but not charging. light is on

Kaysha Sarme

May 17, 2013
Visit site
:mad: Not to sure how much times i had to go phone less because it charges then it goes off and i have to try again it take the whole day for me to charge my phone....its good but the charging part is the most annoying part....

Indika Maputugala

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: phone is plugged in but not charging.

i kept the phone plugged in for more than a day. this HTC PB76100 , only the light is blinking no charging. only it indicate that its charging.

Sprint HTC 4G EVO

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I have somewhat the same problem.
I bought both a new battery and a new charger for my phone. The first two day it worked fine. I noticed yesterday that even though it was charging the battery level was just going down. But this morning I woke up and it wasn't charging.I tried several different chargers and it still didn't charge. Now it charges for awhile but soon it stops. I'm panicking cuz I will never have permission to get another one like this. So please if anybody has a solution PLEASE let me know too.

SN96

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Exactly the same problem with my phone it says that the phone's charging but the level doesn't increases I noticed 2 days before nd the same happening.what to do???

uma2

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine's been doing that off and on lately too. Just take the battery out, let it cool, reinsert and you're good to go.
Can't take it out? Turn phone completely off for a few hours.
Will it charge when it's off ?

tapatypo

Trucker_Bob

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my HTC Inspire. I bought a new Mugen replacement battery, installed it, and charged it fine to 71%, then had to leave for work. I plugged it into my car charger and it started dumping the battery. I've tried 2 wall chargers and 2 car chargers, and a USB charger and it does not want to charge. I will try charging it again with the factory wall charger again tomorrow as that seems to be the only charger that works, however, that only seems to work on a limited basis. My contract doesn't end till December and I don't want to upgrade because I'm getting rid of AT&T and switching to Verizon because of signal and price issues. The question is what to do for the next 4 months?!

vampelle

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
i have a android phone n having same issues that the light is on, showing it is charging but when i disconnect my charger the % have decrease.
so i have found out there could be two problem
1. the charger need to be change. or
2. mobile charger pin need to be repair or fix.

why i say. as this problem i am facing and for temp i am doing this before i take it to service centre.

to charge my mobile i dont need to shut down or not use it. but the issue is that the charger is not connecting with my mobile pin properly. it is connecting enough to show % n light on.
so, i try to find where my pin is actually charging. then i put a small piece of paper to try to hold it in that position. n once my charger is getting hot n the % rises i leave my phone till i get it too 100%.
again this is temp solution which i did myself. best is take it to service centre n get it checked. the charger pin n ur mobile charger too.

julia arnez

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
My phone started doing it last night it was on 4% then I went to charge it and it said it was charging but either it was charging really really nslow or the battery was dropping really slow then it went to 0% qnd swtiched off while still charging then it went bck to 1 % qnd kept eoing the same so I left it over night and didn't charge the same as it should and alwo the play store hasn't been working and I can't updat3 any apps and won't let be back up anything

ASHIS SAHOO

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
yes i am facing the same problem. My HTC desire s is showing that it is charging but it does not charging actually. Red light of charging is showing. Any body can help me what is the problem and what to do?

Suresh Sls

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
for the past 2 days while charging the phone, i notcied that the battery level is not charging up. the light is on, the phone says it is charging, but the battery level is not increasing. it is actually dropping while plugged in.

when this first happened, i left the phone plugged in overnight and when i woke up, there was a prompt on the screen saying the phone had receovered from some error and asked me to send the error log to google. i sent it.

but right now its doing the same thing. the phone is plugged in, light is on, it says its charging, but its not.

anyone duplicating this problem? i am most likely taking it to sprint tomorrow for this.

Leon_tj32

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here too

I had the same problem but for me it was just that one of the pins on the end of the cable was missing. I just had to replace the charger

Mr mani

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry,
this problem is not so big.... that all thought.....
If you have android so it is common .... you should follow these simple steps:-
1. check your charger and battery... if not good then replace them , if good then move to 2nd one.
2. if you uses other device charger then check it have same voltage output as your phone want to charging.
3. if your phone becomes hot while using then sop using it & not use at charging id decrease battery life.
4. clean your device properly and take care of it.
5. off your device and then charge for 3 or 4 hrs. if you feel difference then good if not then go to your device service center or at good mobile repair shop. because some phone may be damaged from inside.
Its is not defined but it occur due to over use or improperly plugin charger..
i hope your phone will be good soon....

Guardian101

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
HTC One M8 can only charge if it is face/screen side up?

My new HTC One M8 will not charge if the phone is placed face down. I have a Spigen Light Armor case that has a rubber rim around it protecting the Tempered Glass Screen Protection from even touching the surface. However, if I lay the phone down on its back, screen up and exposed it charges. Is there a setting that I have selected that only allows this or is this common with the One M8. Or is it just my phone? It is not the Spigen Case as I have tested with this with and without with the same result. :confused:

pkchow

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
1) I had the same problem with Karbonn make Android mobile just purchased. Showing red lamp on, charging sign on but no charge taking place.
2) The set automatically starts giving miss calls to many saved numbers

Pl suggest, if anybody has any remedy

Mamad sbi

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
did you solve it? i have exactly the same problem. what should i do?

i have your problem and my phone is htc one x plus. did you solve it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20