1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Yahoo Email App Buggy?

This just started this morning. All day I've been getting three notification sounds in quick succession, as well as an icon notification in the status bar. When I go to check the mail, there is no new mail. I've already un and re-installed the app, still have the same problem. As I said this only started today. Is this happening to anyone else?

Default Re: Yahoo Email App Buggy?

I've had the same problem from time to time, but it goes away. It's just annoying when it comes back and happens again. So far I haven't found any way to help it except for rebooting my phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by korlando98 View Post
    I've had the same problem from time to time, but it goes away. It's just annoying when it comes back and happens again. So far I haven't found any way to help it except for rebooting my phone.
    Rebooting didn't fix it. This is getting really annoying.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Something similar with mine also. I get a notification to turn on notifications (check the notifications box) about twice a day. Started yesterday.

I'm having the same problem too. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well. A quick search shows a bunch of people having issues, so its on Yahoo's end, not on our phones. Rather annoying however...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Seems fixed now?

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy27403 View Post
    Seems fixed now?
    Not for me.. I'm not getting notifications..

Sent from my beastly Evo 3D

Same problem here. Removed app and using stock email app until it's fixed. Neither rebooting or reinstalling helped.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Haven't had any more issues...hope I didn't just jinx myself...

Yeah, now I am not getting notifications as well. And the box is checked in both spots...

Same thing here. I would get multiple notifications and it would show like I had 300+ new emails. I just turned notifications off for now. I check my email pretty regularly anyway. It's definitely something on their end though.

Lately I have also been having a problem with the screen not responsive. I would get a yahoo notification, swipe down notification bar, press on the e-mail, and when it goes to the app, the screen will not respond at all. I can shut off the screen and have it lock out, then turn it back on, and swipe up on the ring. if i dont let go of the ring towards the center of the screen, and slide it side to side, it stays with my finger. let it go, screen unlocks but still cannot touch the e-mail that i want. when i close the application, it still will not work on the home screen, need to reboot for it to work again. happens almost every day, sometimes multiple times per day.

Thank you for the posts. Glad to see i am not alone.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Looks like Yahoo worked this one out. Anyone still having problems?

Quote Originally Posted by HootieMacMN View Post
    Same problem here. Removed app and using stock email app until it's fixed. Neither rebooting or reinstalling helped.
    Now seems to be working fine for me. Hopefully they fixed whatever the problem was on their end. I know some people aren't fans, but I really do prefer the Yahoo app to the stock e-mail app.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehoff99 View Post
    Lately I have also been having a problem with the screen not responsive. I would get a yahoo notification, swipe down notification bar, press on the e-mail, and when it goes to the app, the screen will not respond at all. I can shut off the screen and have it lock out, then turn it back on, and swipe up on the ring. if i dont let go of the ring towards the center of the screen, and slide it side to side, it stays with my finger. let it go, screen unlocks but still cannot touch the e-mail that i want. when i close the application, it still will not work on the home screen, need to reboot for it to work again. happens almost every day, sometimes multiple times per day.
    This has happened to me since day 1 with the phone. Happens probably once ever 1-2 days. Leaving the phone locked for several minutes will usually resolve it, though I'm usually impatient and restart. Very annoying.