Why wont my phone call out or send texts!

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, just a heads up. Sprint is implementing new security on their towers. I woke up this morning and wasnt able to send texts or call out. I had to call sprint and they had to RE-ALLOW my phone on the network. This is something they are doing all around the US.

So keep this in mind when your phone doesnt work to call out or text message. Not sure the timeline on when every tower will be changed but it is happening. They have a whole team at sprint working on answering the calls specifically for this error.

I get an error code 16 when trying to call out. When trying to text out it was giving a Radio Interference message as if I was in the middle of the ocean trying to text home LOL.

Basically there was no network available and I was confused...

HOPE THIS HELPS!

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, just a heads up. Sprint is implementing new security on their towers. I woke up this morning and wasnt able to send texts or call out. I had to call sprint and they had to RE-ALLOW my phone on the network. This is something they are doing all around the US.

So keep this in mind when your phone doesnt work to call out or text message. Not sure the timeline on when every tower will be changed but it is happening. They have a whole team at sprint working on answering the calls specifically for this error.

I get an error code 16 when trying to call out. When trying to text out it was giving a Radio Interference message as if I was in the middle of the ocean trying to text home LOL.

Basically there was no network available and I was confused...

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Weird... Isn't that the same error code some people were getting after running revolutionary?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Weird... Isn't that the same error code some people were getting after running revolutionary?

Yep. It just means authentication error. Strange that they would force all of there millions of subscribers to call them to reactivate there account.

Jon, you should have this moved to General so everyone sees it! This is odd.