Htc Evo 3d to HDTV..Where is the answer?

cosmos0001

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
SO i hooked my mini usb to my phone and the usb end to my tv and nothing happened. I also tried to plug it in to the usb port on my motorola dcx3200 cable box. still nothing. I already read about this hml cable but it looks like noone is happy with it. How do we stand today as far as viewing what is on our evos on an HDTV. Thanks.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
If your tv is dlna compliant then all you have to do is turn on your connected media app and send over your stuff. I have only been able to get my music and photos to work over that connection to my Sony tv but others have reported videos work also.

Reactions: cosmos0001

campanth

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The EVO 3D uses a new technology called MHL. This technology allows the micro usb port to be used to transmit through an HDMI cable to an HDTV. However, you need an MHL adapter first. You can find it here on Sprint's website.

Sprint - All Accessories

Then you plug the adapter into the micro usb port on the phone and an HDMI cable into the other end of the adapter and then into your TV.

Reactions: cosmos0001

cosmos0001

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
The EVO 3D uses a new technology called MHL. This technology allows the micro usb port to be used to transmit through an HDMI cable to an HDTV. However, you need an MHL adapter first. You can find it here on Sprint's website.

Sprint - All Accessories

Then you plug the adapter into the micro usb port on the phone and an HDMI cable into the other end of the adapter and then into your TV.
does my hdtv have to be mhl compliant? thanks;)

exile

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Using a Accell mhl adapter I bought off amazon. No problems at all. Love it works perfect on my TV. I can finally browse online looking at a big screen and not a tiny hand size straining my eyes

Would highly recommend it if you want to se everything on a larger screen

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CarrieK

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have an MHL adapter and i am happy with it.
I watch NetFlix from my EVO 3D to my flatscreen several times a week with no issues.

bet1111

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
How to view EVO 3D content on your TV...

I have the Vizio 65" 3D TV and I was very happy to find that I could display both 2D and 3D content from my HTC EVO 3D.

Note: The EVO 3D micro-USB port is different from a normal micro-USB port in that it is also a MHL (Mobile High-def Link) port.

Items Needed:
1. HDMI cable 1.4 or 1.4a (versions older than 1.4 do not support 3D) ($8 on eBay)
2. MHL Adapter ($18 on Amazon)
3. The power cord from your EVO 3D

Directions:
1. Plug the EVO 3D Power cable into the MHL adapter
2. Connect the MHL Adapter to your TV using the HDMI cable.
3. Make sure both your phone and TV are on and your TV is set to the HDMI input you plugged in to.
4. Plug the MHL Adapter into the EVO 3D. Your EVO screen should now be showing on your TV.

Note: It is important to make the connection to the EVO phone only after making all other connections. If you change the order, you will get a blank TV screen. To correct this, unplug and re-plug the EVO.

When I selected 3D photos and videos, my TV automatically prompted me with an option to switch to 3D mode. I suspect other 3D TVs will be similar in this respect.

cosmos0001

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Got the hml cable. Works great no real issues except phone drained faster then it was charging . you have to sit very close to the tv as well because the cable is very small .

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I use it with no issues on a samsung 20" hdtv. x-plane is awesome on a larger screen. i like how audio gets sent to the tv automatically too, just the whole adater/hdmi cable is a bit heavy/awkward to have to hold while playing.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung 46 inch 3d smart tv what do u need to stream to it wireless. Don't have WiFi internet in my area does that matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC