how about that EVO 3D camera?

p.mills

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
2 things: 1) I used to take headshots professionally, so I'm quite adept at picking out flaws, imperfections, and artifacts in photos, but I can tell you that these prints look good. Not "as good as from my l-series lens on my slr", but usable. 2) It's actually a 4mp image for the 5x7 lenticular print. the mpo files created with the EVO 3D contains TWO separate 1080p images.

Even though you're adding both images from the camera to get 4mp, the way you make a lenticular print is by effectively doubling the surface area with ridges so you can interlace both images. So to be fair, you're really using two 2mp images to make two 5x7's in the same space...

But if you've spent the six bucks and actually are looking at the results and are happy with them... that's pretty freaking cool.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The resolution of a 3D pic, at least according to the phone and camera itself, is 1920x1080. 2MP.

Also to keep in mind, the most you will get out of the standard camera without altering it is 3.7MP because the stupid default setting is for "widescreen" pics but it really should be called Vertically Cropped, because they definitely don't add horizontal pixels, they just crop vertical ones to make it 16:9.

So if you want a true 5MP picture (well, 4.9) keep it at 4:3, unless you don't ever want to crop your own 3.7MP pictures manually. The important thing is definitely to understand you only have a 3.7MP camera at default settings.

Reactions: Jerzyiroc

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The resolution of a 3D pic, at least according to the phone and camera itself, is 1920x1080. 2MP.

Also to keep in mind, the most you will get out of the standard camera without altering it is 3.7MP because the stupid default setting is for "widescreen" pics but it really should be called Vertically Cropped, because they definitely don't add horizontal pixels, they just crop vertical ones to make it 16:9.

So if you want a true 5MP picture (well, 4.9) keep it at 4:3, unless you don't ever want to crop your own 3.7MP pictures manually. The important thing is definitely to understand you only have a 3.7MP camera at default settings.

and this means what? after all, even with digital zoom, all you are doing is cropping out the image before it's saved.
MP are only good for such said sharpening for when you do zoom in. otherwise, I would prefer a better sensor (larger) at least. then you will get better dynamic range, better color representation, a sharper photo, and many more. the cost would be unreal tho.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
And it means that if you think you're still getting the max number of pixels by leaving it at 16:9, you're wrong. Now, some people may wish to leave it at that because they like the framing better, others may just leave it on there because they think they're getting full use of the sensors and they might not mind the 4:3 at all.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Glad this article as able to help so many people out. I do want to point out that the actual camera used in the Evo 3d is a newer and improved version of the one used on the iPhone 4. The problem is 100% software related. Its a waste of time to argue otherwise. And that includes crap drivers as well. If someone really took the time to rewrite a camera app and improve the drivers the 3VO could be capable of very impressive pictures.

Aggie PT

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Glad this article as able to help so many people out. I do want to point out that the actual camera used in the Evo 3d is a newer and improved version of the one used on the iPhone 4. The problem is 100% software related. Its a waste of time to argue otherwise. And that includes crap drivers as well. If someone really took the time to rewrite a camera app and improve the drivers the 3VO could be capable of very impressive pictures.

I'm not doubting you, but did you hear that this is the updated version of the iPhone 4 camera and that it is 100% software related? Is HTC working to fix the software issues on the auto setting?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac