Abnormal Recovery Reset

raydawg13

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
After the last update from HTC, my EVO 3D has been shutting down on me from time to time and it gives me a message after it reboots saying "your phone has recovered from an abnormal reset send report to HTC" before you can send the report you have to check the location data box and privacy box so that HTC can better understand the error report. I still haven't heard anything from HTC, I check my system updates daily and nothing. Anyone else having this problem? Or do I need to send it back to Sprint? I had the phone since its launch date and haven't had any major problems till that last update, my GPS widget still reset my phone if I use it, I have to turn on and off thru the settings option. Let me know Android family.

Last edited:

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
After the last update from HTC, my EVO 3D has been shutting down on me from time to time and it gives me a message after it reboots saying "your phone has recovered from an abnormal reset send report to HTC" before you can send the report you have to check the location data box and privacy box so that HTC can better understand the error report. I still haven't heard anything from HTC, I check my system updates daily and nothing. Anyone else having this problem? Or do I need to send it back to Sprint? I had the phone since its launch date and haven't had any major problems till that last update, my GPS widget still reset my phone if I use it, I have to turn on and off thru the settings option. Let me know Android family.

This is not normal behavior (duh, please forgive me... late night ;)) . You should probably go ahead and take it to Sprint and have them run some diagnostics. Also, if you can, since we have native screen shot ability now, the next time this occurs take a screenshot of the error message to show them in case they cannot replicate the error. If the screenshot won't work, take a picture with a camera. As a person who has worked in computer tech support, I can tell you that the more information a user can provide (and screenshots speak volumes) the greater the likelihood of a solution being found.

Good luck :)

Last edited:

exile

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me a lot recently. actually two days ago my phone kept on crashing and restarting. Yesterday when I was in the library I took my phone out to check it. Upon turning on the screen, the phone crashed and wouldn't restart.

Had to pull the battery and restart the phone. Then had a nightmare because it kept on getting stuck on the sprint splash screen after 3d.

Looked around on my tab online to see how to factory reset the phone.. volume rocker down and power at the same time... then ended up doing my first factory reset yesterday :'( wasn't too happy.

Reinstalled all my apps and everything is working better than before

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me a lot recently. actually two days ago my phone kept on crashing and restarting. Yesterday when I was in the library I took my phone out to check it. Upon turning on the screen, the phone crashed and wouldn't restart.

Had to pull the battery and restart the phone. Then had a nightmare because it kept on getting stuck on the sprint splash screen after 3d.

Looked around on my tab online to see how to factory reset the phone.. volume rocker down and power at the same time... then ended up doing my first factory reset yesterday :'( wasn't too happy.

Reinstalled all my apps and everything is working better than before

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk

Were you receiving the error message that the OP reported? If not, I'm inclined to think that while the symptoms are the same, the OP may have a different issue.

ajprotege

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the exact same issue, sprint keeps telling me that it's an app that caused it, but i don't know which. They replaced mine, and now i'm on my second one, but i've also noticed that once i updated my phone, that issue began occurring. So i'm beginning to think that it's the software update causing all of this. So what do you guys think?

exile

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Were you receiving the error message that the OP reported? If not, I'm inclined to think that while the symptoms are the same, the OP may have a different issue.

Yeah same error message. Just had to do my second reset 2 weekends ago. Then that same weekend, sense some how crashed and then all of my Widgets disappeared. Apps and oe apps were still there. Even when I went into settings for Widgets, nothing showed up.

So... For the third time 2 days later, did another factory reset. Except this time I ran the boot loader and decided to take a picture of what it says.

It said,

SD checking
Loading pg86diag.zip
No image!
Loading pg86diag.nbh
No image or wrong image!
Loading pg86img.zip
No image!
Loading pg86img.nbh
No image or wrong image!
Loading pg86img.tar
No image!
Loading pg86img.ads
No image!
Loading pg86img.enc
No image!

I remember the first and second time I did the reset, it said no image for all of them...

I'm planning on going to the sprint store when I go back home for fall break next Friday. There's no sprint store down here in southern IL and I'm definitely not going to drive all the way to St Louis for one lol.

So far, no problems. But well see what happens.

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34