Is HTC Sense Contacts the worst ever???

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I put in a new contact via the phone. I send that contact a message. The contact clearly exists, picture and all. I go to search for said contact via the Sense "people" application. The contact will NOT show up and does not show up in any searches. Anyone else?

nextelfixer

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Did you put in a phone number for the contact? If you didn't and just put in an email address, the contact will not show up if you have the box checked that says show only contacts with phone numbers. If so, just uncheck the box in the settings and the contact should show up.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it's a contact with ONLY a phone number and nothing else. I can't figure this out. It's really frustrating. I just installed GO Contacts EX, searched for the name and it shows up immediately.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Which phone book did you put the contact in? google phone book? or the phone's address book?
And which address books is your "people" application looking at?

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to move away from any Sense apps for the eventual wipe of the phone to run Cyanogen. People is ok, I like the way it links up, but it has its faults.

Go Contacts EX is ok too, but give Contapps a try. I think it's much better than Go and has better options like for instance, with Google I have a "My Contacts" option instead of the "show everyone in your google contacts, period" option that Go sticks you with.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Which phone book did you put the contact in? google phone book? or the phone's address book?
And which address books is your "people" application looking at?

I can't seem to make that distinction. It didn't give me the option when I created the contact.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to make that distinction. It didn't give me the option when I created the contact.

Odd - when you create a new contact from the people application, there is a 'contact type' field towards the top.

Figured it out, had to check it off in the settings, not really sure why it isn't enabled by default.

settings when you create the contact? (I don't see any settings in the people application when you create a new contact) - or did you mean that you had to enable viewing the address books in the people application? If so, yes, that may need to be done manually - but it sticks once you set it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87