Picture mail (MMS) not working

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me with GoSMSPro. I had to go into the native message app, settings and then change the maximum message size to 5M. after doing this it works without any issues. try and see if it fixes your issues.

anon(374252)

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me with GoSMSPro. I had to go into the native message app, settings and then change the maximum message size to 5M. after doing this it works without any issues. try and see if it fixes your issues.

That didn't fix it but I started using GoSMSPro per your suggestion and MMS works on it but not the stock messaging app. Weird. I'm liking the GoSMSPro app better that stock so thanks for that!

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I believe that you have to be rooted and running a rom with the mms that has 5m as the top setting. i am on CleanROM 2.4.

njackson580

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I had this same problem. Ive been using Handcent for a while now, and i figured out that with picturemail, i have to open the stock messaging app, hit retry sending/ download depending if its incoming or outgoing, and then it works. So a little different than yours, but the same idea.

deandino2359

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem for 3 weeks and finally was lucky enough to get a tech who was able to correct it. I don't know if you could possibly request him but his name is Jason Sewel in the fort lauderdale Florida tech answer center. He was the only one of about 7 people who could fix it. I wrote an email to sprint about my experience and they credited my acct and gave me 60 free minutes. Good luck

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've done some tests over the last two days with both the stock messaging app and GoSMS Pro. In both apps the only messages that have come through were ones that were sent with WiFi turned off.

Further, the messages could only be received while WiFi was off. Evidently there is a problem with the MMS relay servers for Sprint.

One more thing: the messages that made it took at least 30 minutes to go through.

Keith Murphy3

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Try running the ##update# and ##clear# , Also wipe your cache memory and delete any picture messages that are hung up and have not sent. Then power the phone off and back on again. If this doesn't work call Sprint customer care and ask them to refresh your signal. Worst case scenario I would hard reset the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown