No sms sound & checked settings

shakinlaw#AC

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have their SMS sound notification stop working? I checked the sms settings & its checked but still no sound.. I think it started after the update.. Any ideas, experiences or suggestions?

shel692

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Are they default sounds or sounds downloaded from an app? Try changing the sound and se if that makes any difference.

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk

shakinlaw#AC

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I did the battery pull, unfortunately no change. It's still default settings, Ive never touched the sound. Won't even let me hear the other sms sounds. The incoming call sounds are just fine however.

keenan6

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the stock messaging app or something you downloaded from the market?

...this happened to me while I was using GO SMS PRO from the market. I had to actually assign the tone WITHIN the app instead of the phone's settings.

Reactions: CarrieK

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock messaging app or something you downloaded from the market?

...this happened to me while I was using GO SMS PRO from the market. I had to actually assign the tone WITHIN the app instead of the phone's settings.

Both GO SMS PRO and Handcent have individual app settings to allow more control over which notifications are in effect for each communication type. I ran into this too and checking within the app fixed it.

shakinlaw#AC

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah guys. I'm using the stock app. I also noticed that my Kik sound doesn't work even with the sound enabled. What I've done to sort help is turn the vibration on for every msg. Not a huge deal bc I'm one of those pple who check their phone every three minutes lol. Hopefully with another update it'll be fixed. Surprised no one else has this problem..

royfalk

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I am a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy Y and it stopped beeping when new text messages arrive.
I've tried every setting and even tried a reset factory settings. Nothing helped.
So I wrote an app to do this. Mind you, I did it mostly to solve my own problem.
It's free, there's no GUI and no ads.
If anyone is interested I uploaded it to Google Play at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=org.royfalk.falconsms&token=KEq_D_Ch

Roy Falk

royfalk

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I am a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy Y and it stopped beeping when new text messages arrive.
I've tried every setting and even tried a reset factory settings. Nothing helped.
So I wrote an app to do this. Mind you, I did it mostly to solve my own problem.
It's free, there's no GUI and no ads.
If anyone is interested I uploaded it to Google Play at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=org.royfalk.falconsms&token=Cd3Oy-gI

Roy Falk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci