Setting,App,Hack,Trick To Increase The Signal Strength On EVO3D?

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Is there a Setting, Hack, App or Trick that helps boost the signal strength of the EVO3D? At school I can barely pull in a signal, whether from Sprint or from roaming. I used to get 4 bars with my Palm Pre, so I know the tower strength around the school is good. It just seems like the EVO3D can't access the signal strength all of the way. Does anyone know of a way to maximize the signal strength on my EVO3D, beside hooking an external antenna to the phone?

Thanks in advance.

Posted From My Sprint EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

Genesiss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Setting,App,Hack,Trick To Increase The Signal Strength On EVO

Is there a Setting, Hack, App or Trick that helps boost the signal strength of the EVO3D? At school I can barely pull in a signal, whether from Sprint or from roaming. I used to get 4 bars with my Palm Pre, so I know the tower strength around the school is good. It just seems like the EVO3D can't access the signal strength all of the way. Does anyone know of a way to maximize the signal strength on my EVO3D, beside hooking an external antenna to the phone?

Thanks in advance.

Try a prl update, there is a nice tutorial in this forum, just have to make a search for prl update

Reactions: the2ndflood

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

app called roam control. very nice app that lets you force the phone into roaming. Very useful app I use a few times a week to get to a verizon tower etc.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
app called roam control. very nice app that lets you force the phone into roaming. Very useful app I use a few times a week to get to a verizon tower etc.

I use the roaming app, but Verizon also has a weak signal on my phone, in that area of town. I don't know why this phone has a weaker signal then my Palm Pre, but it does.

toddpedersen

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Just so your aware, PRL updates don't always help, and can actualy hurt coverage. Lets say that your Palm and EVO have identical wireless radios. Back when your Palm had good coverage, you had a certain PRL on that phone, which included the particular tower in your area that gave you the good coverage. Now fast foward to your EVO. When you got the EVO, it came with the latest PRL, and if that PRL happened to NOT have for whatever reason, that same tower referneced that used to give you good coverage, you lose out, but of course the latest PRL more than likely added some towers so overall you could benefit, but not all the time. There are folks in the Forums that have rooted phones, and can manipulate their own PRL file so that when a new PRL comes out, the simply compare the new and the old PRL list, and basically make their own PRL file that only contains new tower information and never has any towers that are removed. Ideally that is the best way to go, but 99% of us will more than likely not do that type of customization.

Yeah I have updated the PRL, but it didn't help. I wish it did though.

Genesiss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I have updated the PRL, but it didn't help. I wish it did though.

No, i am not saying prl update as in the settings check for updates, search this forum, you will find a prl named 00001.prl, you follow instructions to put that prl on your phone. I have the same situation at work but with this, now i even have 3g.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site

PRL has nothing to do with signal strength. It simply tells your phone what towers to use and determines data roaming technology etc. A PRL update could help if you are in an area that you know you have coverage but the phones not finding the signal. I would caution you about changing PRL just to have the latest. I get 3G roaming with my PRL whereas my buddy who blindly updated his PRL is getting 1xrtt roaming from the same (presumably VZW) tower.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
PRL has nothing to do with signal strength. It simply tells your phone what towers to use and determines data roaming technology etc. A PRL update could help if you are in an area that you know you have coverage but the phones not finding the signal. I would caution you about changing PRL just to have the latest. I get 3G roaming with my PRL whereas my buddy who blindly updated his PRL is getting 1xrtt roaming from the same (presumably VZW) tower.

The updated PRL on my EVO hasn't changed anything that I have noticed in my day-to-day usage of my phone. I still get lower signal strength at school while on Sprint's network and while roaming onto Verizon's network. I was hoping there was an app, trick or hack that could help me out. I am still searching for one, but nothing yet. Thanks though for everyone's feedback. If you do discover a way to help me out, please post it here; so anyone searching for help with the same problem, will have a starting point in this forum thread.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

By the way, where do I go settings wise to find out which PRL number that I have installed on my phone?

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

I have seen a few apps that claim they can improve signal strength; has anyone tried any of these apps? The reviews for the apps aren't great, but I have used lots of apps that had poor reviews, which actually turned out to be very useful apps. So has anyone used any of these apps that they would recommend?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

https://market.android.com/details?...sMSwxLDEsImNvbS52dXZ1emVsYS5yb2FtY29udHJvbCJd

Prolly not what your looking for. However its great if your in the middle of no where and you want a good signal for roaming. It also helps with battery life. Letting it sit on a Verizon tower with a good signal rather than having it change between a bad Sprint tower signal/Good Verizon tower signal.

Good luck with your device!

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
By the way, don't bother with the app in the marketplace called "Signal Booster". All it does is turn the Airplane mode on and doesn't turn it back off. Plus the money back claim they make is false. They give you a store credit good for purchasing one of the other stupid, useless apps offered on their web site.

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -
625736b8-40a2-4a47.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX