Stream Video Test

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
I have already confirmed that I am able to stream mp4 files to the Evo 3D. However the file located within the link below is 1280x720 and is 2.8gigs. The iPhone streams the file no problem so I want to make sure it works on other devices. If someone could please visit the link below on your phone and click on the "Download Video File" link and let me know if the file streams properly. By streams I mean the audio and video are playing before the file fully downloads. Please do not mention what the video file contains, just whether or not it works :)

Thanks!

Edit: Link removed

Last edited:

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Awwww :'( That really blows. I'm surprised the iPhone can do it but the Evo 3D can't. That really affects my choice for my next phone. Granted I don't want an iPhone because I loathe all things Apple (anyone who has seen that video on hardcore mac people would understand why) but I do want something that will stream all my videos. I run a site that streams a ton of content and 99% of it will work fine on the Evo 3D but apparently large Hi Res videos fail.....guess I'll hit up the Galaxy S Epic II people and see if it works for them.

Edit: Now that I think about it....it might have something to do with the size of the cache on the phone. I know the Evo 3d has a dedicated amount of cache space but since the iPhone doesn't make use of SD cards perhaps it doesn't have that same limitation.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci