Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By CMILD561
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Facebook 1.7.1 Force Close on status update

Ever since the newest Facebook update to 1.7.1 i can no longer update my status, load a photo or video, or check in. Pushing any of these buttons on the top of the app now cause it to freeze and requires "force close". This is INCREDIBLY annoying and it renders the app almost useless. Does anyone have any information on this problem or even a way to fix the issue. I cannot seem to revert to an older version. I have tried clearing all the app data, and uninstalling/re-installing the program many many times. Nothing i have been able to do seems to work. My phone is not rooted, nor do i have an excessive amount of things loaded filling up the RAM. Any advice would be appreciated.

** additional info** this problem ONLY manifests itself when there is an active internet connection( 3G, 4G, WiFi).. If i turn off all the radios i can hit the update status button and it wont crash... soon as i turn on the radio even after in the update screen it will force close and crash....

**Update*** Well it is December 8, 2011, and two months have gone by and 2 new updates, and still the problem exists... WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO UPDATE MY STATUS OR UPLOAD A PHOTO without a force close... Sick and tired of this crappy app.. over it ...
    Last edited by slinkeril; 12-08-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: update about problem still happening

Default Re: Facebook 1.7.1 Force Close on status update

I'm having the same problem as you are. I thot i was the only one

Yeah it's really annoying that we cannot status update. Currently i'm using FB for HTC Sense to do this. Hopefully there are enough people reporting this so that FB/Google will quickly come up with a fix.

ROM
    Gingerbread 2.3.4

Not that this is a complete solution to your problem, but I just recently removed my Facebook for Android App, and only use Facebook for HTC Sense now. You can then use the Friend Stream app that is built into the phone. There are some limitations compared to having the Facebook for Android app, but for me and my limited use of Facebook, this is working out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by slinkeril View Post
    Ever since the newest Facebook update to 1.7.1 i can no longer update my status, load a photo or video, or check in. Pushing any of these buttons on the top of the app now cause it to freeze and requires "force close". This is INCREDIBLY annoying and it renders the app almost useless. Does anyone have any information on this problem or even a way to fix the issue. I cannot seem to revert to an older version. I have tried clearing all the app data, and uninstalling/re-installing the program many many times. Nothing i have been able to do seems to work. My phone is not rooted, nor do i have an excessive amount of things loaded filling up the RAM. Any advice would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
    cleanrom 3.0

Get the app friendcaster, basically the Facebook app bit better, try it out

Sent from my clean sharp shooter
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

As far as im concerned after 2 months and over 200 bug reports sent, im done with this app.. it is complete garbage.. and useless without the ability to update and upload... the app programmers of this one need to rethink their professions cause clearly they dont know SHI_T about SHI_T ... hah

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Just use the mobile website, it looks just like the new app except it works

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I updated last night and mine seems to be working just fine.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com

you shouldn't be checking in to Starbucks, posting pictures of what you made for dinner, or telling the world how sad you are anyways.

sorry, I had to do it
    CarrieK and cgardnervt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CMILD561 View Post
    you shouldn't be checking in to Starbucks, posting pictures of what you made for dinner, or telling the world how sad you are anyways.

sorry, I had to do it
    I pushed "Like." Sorry...I had to do it!
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!

Quote Originally Posted by mastrK13 View Post
    Just use the mobile website, it looks just like the new app except it works
    except it doesn't. The back button exits the website entitely when pressed, making it also, useless.
    webOS is dead. Long live Android.
    Data Hog since 6/2009