Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GTAFan9999
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Default insufficient storage available

Hello Everyone. When I try to update my apps in the market I keep getting insufficient storage available. Is anyone else haveing this issue, and what do I need to do to solve it??

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    ROM
    Whatever suits me at the

Default Re: insufficient storage available

Quote Originally Posted by estigall View Post
    Hello Everyone. When I try to update my apps in the market I keep getting insufficient storage available. Is anyone else haveing this issue, and what do I need to do to solve it??
    It you are rooted - then wipe cache/dalvik. If stock, clear cache. should fix the issue.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rooted TWRP
    ROM: Whatever suits me at the moment.

Asus Transformer Prime 32GB
    Rooted via ViperMOD PrimeTime - thanks viperboy!
    Virtuous Prime V2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

That didn't do it....

I have about 12 gb free on my sd card but am getting ths error on app updates and when downloading apps. I only have about 50 Mb free of internal memory and have moved all the apps I can to the sd card and cleared cache. Is there anything else I can do?

Try reflashing your software again! Make sure you superwipe also!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Root Method/Htc Dev unlocked/Juopunutbear s-off
    Recovery/4-EXT

What is super swype

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    What is super swype
    It's a script that wipes all data that you use between flashing roms. It doesn't touch the sdcard though. You flash it before you flash a Rom and after you data/factory reset and dalvik/cache wipe.

Last edited by pergerson6; 05-28-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Recovery/4-EXT

Are you rooted or not rooted? Your phone might just be full, especially if you have lots of music, pictures, or videos.

Do this:
    • Download App2SD
    • Launch the app
    • If you go to the "Movable" tab or the "Phone Only" tab, the bar across the bottom will show you how full your internal memory is. I suspect based on your error that this is full.
    • If you go to "On SD Card" tab, the bar across the bottom will show you how full your SD card is.
    • If your internal memory is full, but you have space on your SD card, then move apps to your SD card to free up some internal memory. You're done.
    • If they are both full, then you either need to make space by deleting unused apps or by deleting media (pics, music, videos, etc) and then move apps to your SD card to free internal memory. Your other option is to buy a bigger SD card, and move apps to the SD card to free up some internal memory.

Ultimately I think your error is because you're out of internal memory and you need to free some up.

There is no way possible to fill the internal drive completely up. The only thing that installs to the internal is apps. I've had over 100 apps installed and stilll had around 500 mb free!

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Recovery/4-EXT

Quote Originally Posted by pergerson6 View Post
    There is no way possible to fill the internal drive completely up. The only thing that installs to the internal is apps. I've had over 100 apps installed and stilll had around 500 mb free!

I have definitely filled mine up and had a lot fewer apps than you. It just depends on how big the apps are.

Have you all tried a root cache cleaner or sd maid?

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Recovery/4-EXT

I had 80 MB free internal storage and still had "insufficent storage available" trying to update some apps but not others. I moved more apps to SD card, and when I finally had 131 MB free internal storage, then all my updates worked. Looks like you just need a LOT of free internal storage space for some apps, even though the updates were only 1.5 MB and the apps being updated were 12 MB or smaller.

Try emptying your email trash folder. My wife's EVO 4G was giving her the same message. Turns out she like like 8000 emails in her trash folder. Emptied that out (took a couple hours) and her phone is solid again.

Use Link2SD

I had this problem a few days back. I fixed mine by running "Lucky Patcher" and then going to the troubleshoot section in the menu and picking "Remove fixes and backups (insufficient storage available)"
    Thanked by 2:
    ryandigweed and ayaza like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    I had this problem a few days back. I fixed mine by running "Lucky Patcher" and then going to the troubleshoot section in the menu and picking "Remove fixes and backups (insufficient storage available)"
    Thanks, this solved my problem

Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    i opened lucky patcher, i didnt even run anything and saw a message something about "deleted odex". i closed lucky patcher and all my apps update just fine now. thanks!!!!