EVO3D Texting Issue. Cause Code 97, Error Class 3. Undeliverable.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
My text messaging service just went out. I now get a Cause Code of 97, with an Error Class of 3; whenever I send a text message. I also get an error message that tells me the text can't be sent and that they will be moved to the Undeliverable Folder. I called Sprint and did they updated my profile and had me reset some settings back to factory defaults (##72786), but that didn't help. The Rep then wanted to completely reset my phone to factory defaults (##786#) Password (494816), but I want that to be the last resort. Anyone else having this issue, if so how did you fix it?

Posted From My Sprint EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
if you have an air rave, unplug it and plug it back in, worked for my wife

I tried that, but it didn't help. Thanks for the tip though! This issue comes and goes. Right now at this very moment the problem isn't happening, but who knows when it might come back. I wonder if it is the network and not my phone that is to blame? Sprint flashed my phone, but that didn't fix it. I just had to wait for the issue to go away on its own.

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep, network stuff I would guess, Google might be able to determine what that error code is...

There is also somewhere on the sprint website to see where they are doing work on the towers near you... Ive only seen the link once, and they are constantly doing work to all my towers and I see this message POP up, normally this or the text was unable to be delivered saved to whatever it says.... When I seen this at home I turned on my WiFi and the message went through, the WiFi could be totally unrelated hard to tell... Just my $0.02

Shot from my shooter in 3D
cleanrom2.8

Reactions: the2ndflood

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yep, network stuff I would guess, Google might be able to determine what that error code is...

There is also somewhere on the sprint website to see where they are doing work on the towers near you... Ive only seen the link once, and they are constantly doing work to all my towers and I see this message POP up, normally this or the text was unable to be delivered saved to whatever it says.... When I seen this at home I turned on my WiFi and the message went through, the WiFi could be totally unrelated hard to tell... Just my $0.02

Shot from my shooter in 3D
cleanrom2.8

I received this error yesterday when I was roaming, so I'm not sure if it is an issue with Sprint. The error went away after 10 minutes. Now I really want to find out what is causing this. Sprint said my phone was fine, but they might have just did a factory reset; without actually testing my phone. So the mystery of why this is happening is still here.

And I know that the Sprint coverage map used to show where towers were being built, is that the map you are talking about?

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

Reactions: fujiman17

DougieC

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Texting Issue. Cause Code 97, Error Class 3. Undelivera

your HTC hates your Airwave unit. Unplug it and just use the cell network.

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

your HTC hates your Airwave unit. Unplug it and just use the cell network.

The purpose of the AIRAVE is to provide signal to a home that is in a fringe area. Unplugging it would defeat said purpose.

If they offer them to consumers, the products should interface properly with each other!

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site

I just got a 3d for my wife and she had this issue! I wound up doing the ## code dance with 2 customer service reps- they wanted to send me to a store but those techs (no offense to anyone YMMV) usually just waste my time- so I did a factory reset...still didn't work- but oddly the next AM... the phone is working.

Yes we have an Airave, next time I'll disconnect it to see if that helps.

Really hope this doesn't become a problem... I'm looking to buy a 2nd 3d for myself!

Paulio71

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site

It's the damn Airave!! I had my EVO replaced. Texting was fine til I came home. Had to unplug/plug the airave then reboot the EVO. All is fine now!

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

FWIW... These new Airave units are garbage. I recently had to replace my old Airave I had for nearly 3 years (they used to be a Samsung unit). I never once had an issue with it in any manner and it provided outstanding coverage until it just fell victim to its age. Got it replaced with one of these new Airvana units and have had nothing but problems. Both my 3D and my wife's iPhone 4s have had a lot of issues with this new unit. Not pleased at all.

Robert Clucas

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
With what I'm going through right now, it's not Sprint. Mine is messing up too, but only when i try to text my friends straight talk phone. Not my wifes boost.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante