Shazam Spam Pics

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey im new to to android and all, but recently while checking my gallery i've noticed pics of capital one card promo, and when i click on them they have shzm in their file heading. I would assume from the file name, that it came from shazam, but i got like two of them. I use to use the widget until i noticed that even though i would delete these two images, i would get them the next day. I don't know if this is because i have the free version and they feel they have a right to download these images onto my sd card. But has anyone else noticed this? I have two anti virus apps, lookout and avg, and i haven't gotten any alerts to any virus on my phone.

Reactions: Wiley_11

w0rryw0rt

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Lol i noticed it last week, but thought it was some pop ups that were autosaved or something. But now I remember that I used Shazam.

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
@ Pitts, idk what folder they are in, cause i deleted them. I recall though that it was in the SD folder, but for those that are noticing please put the directory for where these files are.

CMILD561

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So that's where they came from. I have them too. I realize I am using something for free and they can advertise how they want but this just pissed me off to no ends

Reactions: BiGsMiLeSKyLe

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea i assume so CMILD, again i think we should follow Pitts advice and state where the pics are located to begin with. I know for certain that the directory of the pics is .../shzm/... somethng. I use to have the widget for shazam and i would notice these pics all the time even though i would delete them the previous day. Most likely if we were to read the agreement to the "free" version it would probably state that shazam has the right to download these pictures onto our sd cards.

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
LOL, the pictures being saved to your SD card is actually trying to help you save on data usage. Just being saved as a cache and your phone picks up on it listing it in the gallery, so at least we can see when they show up and can delete them. Nothing more than an ad being shown on uur phone, even if the add is blocked still gets loaded somewhere

Sent from my clean Shooter

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon