9230 Text Error?

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, keep getting a weird text from "9230" saying there's some "invalid user" or something. Not sure why I get this. I'm not texting anyone and it still happens every so often.

What's the deal with it?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Never seen this my self! I am in VT. Could it be the network? Have you contacted Sprint? Have you downloaded any NEW messenger apps other than the stock app?

Could be any number of things.

Jwil0875

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Been getting it too, I'm in FL... I've been using Chomp and never had this issue before

Just reflashed the radio from the 2.08 firmware here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2139042-post209.html ....so far so good, no error message I'll keep you posted
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm pretty new to this myself, incidentally the radio flash didn't solve the prob ... I just now got 2 more error messages from nowhere ... I thought it may have been a bad flash but if you're on stock and we're getting the same error, it may be safe too say network issue.... I'll keep looking to see what I can find out

Last edited:

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I have paid attention and it seems to come up whenever I get a new voicemail. Can anyone else confirm similar findings?

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have paid attention and it seems to come up whenever I get a new voicemail. Can anyone else confirm similar findings?

Bro's been having trouble with it in regards to voicemails too. Weird.

To answer questions above, haven't contacted Sprint yet and I use GoSMS.

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Bro's been having trouble with it in regards to voicemails too. Weird.

To answer questions above, haven't contacted Sprint yet and I use GoSMS.

I'm using Handcent btw. I tried a fix that must work for some but it didn't work for me. Maybe you guys will have more luck than I did. Back to searching......

I can't take credit for this. I just copied and pasted it from XDA's forum:

1) uninstall Go SMS Pro (or other SMS program you are using other than stock)

2) Go to the Voicemail .apk via Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Select the All tab > scroll to Voicemail

3) Force stop & Clear Data for the Voicemail .apk

4) Go and update your Profile (settings > about phone > system updates > update profile

5) Open the Voicemail app and it should update provisional status.

6) Let it sit for a minute and pending messages may download on their own.

7) Call your phone and send a test voice message.

8) re-install Go Sms Pro from the Market, but in the setup where it asks if you want to disable all other sms related apps, don't check that (this is the specific problem).

9) go into the stock SMS program and disable notifications from within it, if you don't want dual notifications.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Handcent btw. I tried a fix that must work for some but it didn't work for me. Maybe you guys will have more luck than I did. Back to searching......

I can't take credit for this. I just copied and pasted it from XDA's forum:

1) uninstall Go SMS Pro (or other SMS program you are using other than stock)

2) Go to the Voicemail .apk via Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Select the All tab > scroll to Voicemail

3) Force stop & Clear Data for the Voicemail .apk

4) Go and update your Profile (settings > about phone > system updates > update profile

5) Open the Voicemail app and it should update provisional status.

6) Let it sit for a minute and pending messages may download on their own.

7) Call your phone and send a test voice message.

8) re-install Go Sms Pro from the Market, but in the setup where it asks if you want to disable all other sms related apps, don't check that (this is the specific problem).

9) go into the stock SMS program and disable notifications from within it, if you don't want dual notifications.

Hm, thanks for this. I don't get this with voicemails though. My bro gets it with voicemails but he doesnt have GoSMS or Handcent. Weird.

Jwil0875

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not using that messenger either and Chomp doesn't have that option so I tried a factory reset and still no fix... I can also confirm I get this error every time I get a vm. I did read a post in xda where it was suggested to reactivate your phone, I haven't had the opportunity to do this yet, I'll check back in soon as I do

Jwil0875

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok.... I didn't do a reactivation, however I did come across this link http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/358576 ..... Basically , it's the update from Seek Droid that's causing this issue, I skipped the long process and uninstalled this app, sent a few test voicemails and not an error since..... Hopefully it'll work for you also

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae