Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 9230 Text Error?

    Hey guys, keep getting a weird text from "9230" saying there's some "invalid user" or something. Not sure why I get this. I'm not texting anyone and it still happens every so often.

    What's the deal with it?
  2. #2  
    BDHender's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

    Default Re: 9230 Text Error?

    I am getting it too.
  3. #3  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,420 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: 9230 Text Error?

    Never seen this my self! I am in VT. Could it be the network? Have you contacted Sprint? Have you downloaded any NEW messenger apps other than the stock app?

    Could be any number of things.
  4. #4  
    McRoth's Avatar

    Posts
    126 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

    Default

    I keep getting it to. I'm near Cleveland, OH.

    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
  5. #5  

    Default

    Been getting it too, I'm in FL... I've been using Chomp and never had this issue before

    Just reflashed the radio from the 2.08 firmware here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2139042-post209.html ....so far so good, no error message I'll keep you posted
    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk


    Yeah I'm pretty new to this myself, incidentally the radio flash didn't solve the prob ... I just now got 2 more error messages from nowhere ... I thought it may have been a bad flash but if you're on stock and we're getting the same error, it may be safe too say network issue.... I'll keep looking to see what I can find out
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: 9230 Text Error?

    Damn. Perhaps something on the network's end then.

    Dont know how to mess around with flashing radios and firmware and such.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: 9230 Text Error?

    I have paid attention and it seems to come up whenever I get a new voicemail. Can anyone else confirm similar findings?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: 9230 Text Error?

    Quote Originally Posted by ccw1134 View Post
    I have paid attention and it seems to come up whenever I get a new voicemail. Can anyone else confirm similar findings?
    Bro's been having trouble with it in regards to voicemails too. Weird.

    To answer questions above, haven't contacted Sprint yet and I use GoSMS.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: 9230 Text Error?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Bro's been having trouble with it in regards to voicemails too. Weird.

    To answer questions above, haven't contacted Sprint yet and I use GoSMS.
    I'm using Handcent btw. I tried a fix that must work for some but it didn't work for me. Maybe you guys will have more luck than I did. Back to searching......

    I can't take credit for this. I just copied and pasted it from XDA's forum:

    1) uninstall Go SMS Pro (or other SMS program you are using other than stock)

    2) Go to the Voicemail .apk via Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Select the All tab > scroll to Voicemail

    3) Force stop & Clear Data for the Voicemail .apk

    4) Go and update your Profile (settings > about phone > system updates > update profile

    5) Open the Voicemail app and it should update provisional status.

    6) Let it sit for a minute and pending messages may download on their own.

    7) Call your phone and send a test voice message.

    8) re-install Go Sms Pro from the Market, but in the setup where it asks if you want to disable all other sms related apps, don't check that (this is the specific problem).

    9) go into the stock SMS program and disable notifications from within it, if you don't want dual notifications.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: 9230 Text Error?

    Quote Originally Posted by ccw1134 View Post
    I have paid attention and it seems to come up whenever I get a new voicemail. Can anyone else confirm similar findings?
    Yup, that's when I get it as well. Started maybe 2 weeks ago.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: 9230 Text Error?

    Quote Originally Posted by ccw1134 View Post
    I'm using Handcent btw. I tried a fix that must work for some but it didn't work for me. Maybe you guys will have more luck than I did. Back to searching......

    I can't take credit for this. I just copied and pasted it from XDA's forum:

    1) uninstall Go SMS Pro (or other SMS program you are using other than stock)

    2) Go to the Voicemail .apk via Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Select the All tab > scroll to Voicemail

    3) Force stop & Clear Data for the Voicemail .apk

    4) Go and update your Profile (settings > about phone > system updates > update profile

    5) Open the Voicemail app and it should update provisional status.

    6) Let it sit for a minute and pending messages may download on their own.

    7) Call your phone and send a test voice message.

    8) re-install Go Sms Pro from the Market, but in the setup where it asks if you want to disable all other sms related apps, don't check that (this is the specific problem).

    9) go into the stock SMS program and disable notifications from within it, if you don't want dual notifications.
    Hm, thanks for this. I don't get this with voicemails though. My bro gets it with voicemails but he doesnt have GoSMS or Handcent. Weird.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Yeah, I'm not using that messenger either and Chomp doesn't have that option so I tried a factory reset and still no fix... I can also confirm I get this error every time I get a vm. I did read a post in xda where it was suggested to reactivate your phone, I haven't had the opportunity to do this yet, I'll check back in soon as I do

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
  13. #13  

    Default

    Ok.... I didn't do a reactivation, however I did come across this link http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/358576 ..... Basically , it's the update from Seek Droid that's causing this issue, I skipped the long process and uninstalled this app, sent a few test voicemails and not an error since..... Hopefully it'll work for you also
    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: 9230 Text Error?

    I haven't seemed to get the error in a few days. Hopefully it just sorted itself out.

Posting Permissions