Ever got Sprint to replace Phone outside the 30 days?

SoFlaZ06

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok my Evo 3D is being a pain. had it 3 month and this is my 3rd one replaced under warranty, going on 4
the first I replace for low speaker, second black screen, now this now one the gave me a week ago, constantly restarts. I have to factory reset about every 15hrs for it to be normal. Then it gets aids all over again. I first I thought it was just me and installing a bad app or something( i had like 40), I tried to isolate the app lil by lil, the last straw was I did a factory reset and installed no unnecessary apps, just like 3 native google apps( mail, voice, etc and 2 misc ones. it's definitely the phone, because now it's being all Aidsy again.

do you think I can get them to just give me a Galaxy or something, i'm not breaking contract. just want a phone that works really and I won't bother them till I can upgrade again ( I had a Pre minus for 2yrs, i'm a pretty simple individual)

And by replace, I mean with another phone of equal value, like a galaxy or something, who's forking the the bill when It's under warranty?

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Sprint has to go on a list of devices used to exchange a customer into in the event of excessive issues. The Galaxy is not on that list. So technically no...you won't get a galaxy. But there is always the chance you get someone in a good mood who will swap you over.

bp240

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has to go on a list of devices used to exchange a customer into in the event of excessive issues. The Galaxy is not on that list. So technically no...you won't get a galaxy. But there is always the chance you get someone in a good mood who will swap you over.

what is on that list?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. Third 3d. Have tep, paid a $100 deductible and they even sent me a brand mew one this most recent time. Had it for 4 days and it's already starting to restart. Wouldnt mind a new epic 4g touch at this point, this is getting ridiculous. Paid 300 bucks and still cant get a working one. Im gonna try hassling them over the phone to see if theyll send me a e4gt instead. What do you think my chances are? Has this ever happened before?

SoFlaZ06

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So I went in today, apparently they can't take my word, so they did the same thing I've been doing.
I asked is there a difference your hard reset and the factory reset i've been doing? pause....No, but we also updated the prl and your profile :-\
Once again, it was flawless for about 8hrs, now it's doing that restart every 5 minutes.
Luckily my gym is next to sprint, so drop off there pos again and go work out. atleast I have it documented, I need the ammo to plead my case....

What are the 2 misc apps?

a pushup app and a google voice toggle app, and before say it just happen to be those two.
I they weren't installed previously when it was still messing up.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If the Sprint store gives you a hard time, keep your cool and while you are with the manager use you're phone and call "care" (used to be called retention).
Ask care what they can do to keep you as customer. Tell them that at this time you are unable to have service due to repeated broken phones. Explain that you don't blame them for the broken phones, but if they are unwilling to give you a working phone, then you have no choice but to cancel your contract due to refusal of service due to their corporation policy of not giving you a working phone to use. Explain that if they dare try to charge you for early termination, that since you are now no longer going to be on contract, that arbitration will no longer be mandatory, and you will take them to court for any damage to your credit rating.
I dought that it will even get that far...I'll bet that care will give you a new 3d without issue.

Good luck

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thats troubling to see so many bad EVO 3D units for on customer.

I was on my original with no issues. Friday i switched to an Epic Touch just to see how well they work. So far its a great phone. But then again so was my 3D.

If its one thing i have learned dealing with Sprint corporate stores is go in often and keep a cool head. They like to flex their corporate muscle when a customer with a bad attitude walks in.

gmcdaniel

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
What's the point of getting a brand new 3D? The last he got was brand new, and we see how that's going. I like a lot of people am having issues with my 3D that drive me up the wall. They are not bad enough yet that I want to go through the hassle with Sprint, so I think I am gonna try to hold out until my upgrade in seven months. Wish me luck.

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a terrible first 3VO. Turned it in for a new one after 3 weeks, the second has been trouble free. I am sorry to hear about your troubles, SoFlaz, and I hope they get worked out to your satisfaction.

SoFlaZ06

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So they ordered another, but apparently there is a "list" of exchange devices, couple HTC's and the Photon, I thought of the photon for a second, but I don't know anything about it really. I'll do some research for next time.
I do like my Evo though, ill see how my 4th one go, and go from there.

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Its probably not the cause of your issues but are you keeping the same microSD card when you swap phones? If so, it might be worth it to try a new card.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
What? I'm intrigued. This is my 3rd Evo 3d, I bought the first before launch. However, I've had this one (a brand new one) for less than a week. Do you mean I get to treat it as a new one? So I can just go to the store and take it back?

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Thats troubling to see so many bad EVO 3D units for on customer.

I was on my original with no issues. Friday i switched to an Epic Touch just to see how well they work. So far its a great phone. But then again so was my 3D.

If its one thing i have learned dealing with Sprint corporate stores is go in often and keep a cool head. They like to flex their corporate muscle when a customer with a bad attitude walks in.

It's not flexing at all. Just giving off the same treatment that's given.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante