Can't download from browser or new HTC update

AndroiduserT

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

So i'm having a problem with my phone. I cannot download anything off the browser or the latest htc update. I've been having the browser issue. It hasn't affected me too much so i didn't bother investigating it. However, now i cannot download the latest HTC security update. Whenever i try to download anything from the browser it always says "download unsuccessful." Now when i try to download the HTC update, it gives me a little more information and says:

"SD card not ready. You need an SD card to download the system update. Please insert an SD card and press of to start the download, or press Cancel to exit."

Now to answer the obvious questions:
Yes, I have an SD card. It's a class 2 Samsung 16GB.
I have 10.6 GB free space on the card
I have all my apps stored on the card, as well as my pics, vids, documents, etc.
Everything else that revolves around the card functions perfectly - apps, pics, etc.
I have taken it out, put it back in, reboot, unmounted, mounted...

Any ideas??? I think both issues are related but its all over my head.

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

So i'm having a problem with my phone. I cannot download anything off the browser or the latest htc update. I've been having the browser issue. It hasn't affected me too much so i didn't bother investigating it. However, now i cannot download the latest HTC security update. Whenever i try to download anything from the browser it always says "download unsuccessful." Now when i try to download the HTC update, it gives me a little more information and says:

"SD card not ready. You need an SD card to download the system update. Please insert an SD card and press of to start the download, or press Cancel to exit."

Now to answer the obvious questions:
Yes, I have an SD card. It's a class 2 Samsung 16GB.
I have 10.6 GB free space on the card
I have all my apps stored on the card, as well as my pics, vids, documents, etc.
Everything else that revolves around the card functions perfectly - apps, pics, etc.
I have taken it out, put it back in, reboot, unmounted, mounted...

Any ideas??? I think both issues are related but its all over my head.

Well for one a class 2 might be compatible however for best results go class 4 or above, and as far as not downloading stuff goes, I would back up the SD card to your computer, format it and try again...

Check browser settings, etc....

Are you rooted?
Running a custom rom?
Kernal? It could be a lot of things,
If your not rooted, your best bet would be to do the SD format and then a factory data reset see if this helps any,
s long as you use Google to back up your phone the factory reset shouldn't be to much trouble to get back to how u like it,

Shot from my shooter in 3D
injected with cleanrom2.7

AndroiduserT

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the reply

i'm not rooted; stock android
i actually tried fromatting the card prior to your reply. It fixed the problem and i was able to download the security update, but shortly after that I was not able to download off the web again.
Do you think that means its the card?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12