02-28-2012 02:05 PM
- Hey guys, I don't post here much but wanted to get your input on a problem I'm having. Simply, my screen is doing crazy things these days but I can't determine why.
-Phone dialer won't let me select a contact directly, I have to select the first couple of letters then select the contact.
-Random screen freeze/non response. Usually turning the screen off/on with the power button fixes it.
-Randomly, buttons are not selectable or the phone bugs out and decides to make 2-3 selections on its own.
-Makes random calls and then I can't end the calls because the screen is not functional. I have to pull the battery to stop it. Not something I like to do.
-Browser, facebook app, etc jump around while trying to scroll or navigate. Random zooms on the screen.
I didn't a factory reset on the device but its still doing it. All this seemed to happen after the recent security update but I can't entirely be sure. As its hard to replicate, how do I go about bringing it to Sprint's attention? Suggestions welcome...
Thanks11-02-2011 01:03 PM
- I am not sure if this is due to the security update, but recently I have also had on two separate occasions, the screen going non-responsive on me and freezing up. I re-started the phone and it seemed to solve the issue each time. I wonder if others have only experienced these issues since the security update as prior to the update I had not experienced any issues at all.11-02-2011 01:26 PM
- Power your phone off > Remove the back cover > Pull the battery for about 30 seconds > Place battery back into your phone > Place the back cover back onto your phone > Press the power button for the phone to turn back on...
This may fix your issue. Sounds stupid but it just might! Its worth a shot. If this does NOT fix it then it sounds like a trip to the Sprint store if you ask me. You have a 1 year warranty. So your most likely fine without having to spend a dime. Unless there is damage caused by you. (Guessing that is not the case just saying...)
Good luck with your E3D!11-02-2011 01:39 PM
- I am not sure if this is due to the security update, but recently I have also had on two separate occasions, the screen going non-responsive on me and freezing up. I re-started the phone and it seemed to solve the issue each time. I wonder if others have only experienced these issues since the security update as prior to the update I had not experienced any issues at all.11-02-2011 08:39 PM
- Thanks guys. did the battery pull and it seemed to work for a few hours. Then it started doing it again last night and through the day today. Its really frustrating to say the least. Even just picking a number to dial from the contact list is a real chore. I think I'm in for a trip to the Sprint store this evening. Its gonna be tricky since its not easily replicated (pretty random from what I can tell) but hopefully they'll be understanding.11-03-2011 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD