Deleting thumbnail files?

lewc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just plugged my phone into my computer and was browsing through my photos, and I noticed that in the "thumbnails" folder there are thumbnails of every picture I've ever taken, even the ones I deleted on my phone! I didn't know our phones keep this information on them. It all amounts to more unnecessary clutter if you ask me, and I'd love to clear all old/unused stuff off my phone.

Does anyone know of a way to delete these files on the phone itself? Or do you have to do it manually through the computer?

Thanks...

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I dont own an HTC EVO 3D, but just talking in general, the "thumbnails" are what shows in your app (or maybe its just a computer thing) to let you view the image before selecting an image to view full size. Deleting these might cause your app to not show a thumbnail image in your gallery. But Im just speaking in theory. If you want to delete the files off your phone without a computer, you can use a file manager like Astro to do that.

lewc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I dont own an HTC EVO 3D, but just talking in general, the "thumbnails" are what shows in your app (or maybe its just a computer thing) to let you view the image before selecting an image to view full size. Deleting these might cause your app to not show a thumbnail image in your gallery. But Im just speaking in theory. If you want to delete the files off your phone without a computer, you can use a file manager like Astro to do that.

Yeah but I'm talking about thumbnails of photos that I take with my camera on my phone. They are stored in a separate folder from the actual images themselves. Even though I've deleted the photos on my phone, the thumbnail images of those photos are still stored in the thumbnail folder. I was totally surprised by this!

I assumed that when we deleted a photo from our phone, it would automatically delete the associated thumbnail image. Apparently that is not the case :confused:

ihatethisregistration

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
it's just for the gallery app, you can delete them to clear your out old pics, but when you open the galley again they will be recreated. These thumbnails are the preview you see when you load the gallery.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
it's just for the gallery app, you can delete them to clear your out old pics, but when you open the galley again they will be recreated. These thumbnails are the preview you see when you load the gallery.

This is what I was trying to say. I think you explained it a little better though. I wasnt sure if after deleting them, they would be recreated or not though. If thats the case, to the OP, you can do as I said and delete them in a file manager app if you dont want them on your phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon