TWRP backups - where are they?

cjxsutton

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
So I made a Nandroid backup w/ TWRP on my Evo 3D. It worked, it put in a TWRP folder on my sd card. Well, I changed some stuff on my phone, so I decided I wanted to make a new backup. So I mounted my SD card and deleted the TWRP folder, assuming it would just recreate the directory when I made my next backup. So I made my next backup, it went through the whole process, and said it was successful and all that. Problem is, there's no TWRP folder on my sd card anymore and I'm not seeing anywhere that the backup could have saved to.

Anyone know where it might be now? And also, anyone know what folder names I have to recreate to allow TWRP to save the backups properly, as it had before?

cjxsutton

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I solved the problem. I just formatted my memory card, then I re-flashed the TWRP image in Hboot, and just made another recovery. Since it was the "first" recovery on this flash of twrp, it populated all the correct folders.

NOTE TO ALL: If you plan on deleting any old recoveries from TWRP, leave all the folders intact. I'd actually suggest just making your next backup FIRST, and when it is done, THEN go in and delete the previous one. That way everything remains in place as far as directories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2