Recent EVO3D Software Update Ruined My Mobile Connection

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I updated my phone using the latest software update, my mobile voice and data connections are barely holding a signal, if at all. If I turn off WiFi, then my mobile connections wont take over. The bars might be there showing a signal, but there is still no connection. Has anyone else been going through this since updating your EVO3D? Have you been able to fix it? Oh and I can't download a new PRL either. I don't know if that's related, but I thought I would post it. The pics below show what software I am running and a pic of what my signal strength looks like.

Any advice?

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

Last edited:

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is nation wide or not, but on Sunday I started noticing dismal speeds on 3G, which is very abnormal here. I am rooted and was on CleanROM 2.7 at the time (moved to 2.8 yesterday afternoon ) and did not update OTA. I tested my NS4G and my husband was having the same problem with his EVO 4G. I called Sprint and they created a ticket and stated we were having tower issues, that they had received multiple reports from my area and were working on it. Finally, yesterday afternoon they got the problems resolved and our 3G is back to normal. I also ended up with a $25. 00 credit to my account. If you are still having problems you may want to contact Sprint and let them know. Don't know if this will help you but thought I would throw it out there :)

EDIT: Wanted to clarify that while this outage didn't affect my phone service itself, I did not receive text messages during that time. Lol, I knew when it was fixed yesterday because at about1:20 PM I was flooded with text messages I hadn't received for a couple of days. I then checked my 3G and noticed it was back to normal so I called Sprint and let them know that the issue was resolved and that is when they applied my credit. Again, hope this may help you (or someone out there! :D ).

Last edited:
Reactions: the2ndflood

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Over in VT the connection seems better with the last update. Maybe like the last poster said. It could be a tower issue?

Give Sprint a call. Shouldn't take ya to long I don't think. Keep us posted on the issue! :)

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is nation wide or not, but on Sunday I started noticing dismal speeds on 3G, which is very abnormal here. I am rooted and was on CleanROM 2.7 at the time (moved to 2.8 yesterday afternoon ) and did not update OTA. I tested my NS4G and my husband was having the same problem with his EVO 4G. I called Sprint and they created a ticket and stated we were having tower issues, that they had received multiple reports from my area and were working on it. Finally, yesterday afternoon they got the problems resolved and our 3G is back to normal. I also ended up with a $25. 00 credit to my account. If you are still having problems you may want to contact Sprint and let them know. Don't know if this will help you but thought I would throw it out there :)

EDIT: Wanted to clarify that while this outage didn't affect my phone service itself, I did not receive text messages during that time. Lol, I knew when it was fixed yesterday because at about1:20 PM I was flooded with text messages I hadn't received for a couple of days. I then checked my 3G and noticed it was back to normal so I called Sprint and let them know that the issue was resolved and that is when they applied my credit. Again, hope this may help you (or someone out there! :D ).

Thanks for the help! I'm going to call Sprint when I get home. I noticed that one of the reasons why I am unable to connect to the mobile network at times, is that some app, not sure which one yet, is turning the Airplane mode on. So I now have to turn the Airplane mode off when it gets turned on, but that isn't the whole issue. Something else is making it difficult for my phone to connect to the mobile network. Maybe there is an outage in my area; only Sprint will know for sure. I will post what they tell me.

Reactions: CarrieK

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure why we had our tower outage. Apparently it was in the 10 mile radius I travel each day because I didn't get 3G at work. It seems to me that they could have been doing something to improve the service because my 3G speeds are better now than they were before. I average about 1.2 to 3 mpbs down, depending on the time of day. When I am at home I get 4G, and it is blazing. What was odd is that while I had no 3G and couldn't get texts, I did have 4G.

I am thinking that maybe they were working on our towers for Vision. If that is the case, I think they should send burst announcements to those who might be affected to give them a heads-up. I know why they won't, because people would rightly want their bills discounted since they are admitting you aren't receiving service like you are supposed to. Still, it would have helped me to know because I did all kinds of phone troubleshooting stuff before calling them.

Anyway, if you are used to getting pretty good 3G speeds and aren't now, it can't hurt to report it. At least the issue is on record and if they are working on the towers or having a problem just be nice but ask and you will get credit to your account.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure why we had our tower outage. Apparently it was in the 10 mile radius I travel each day because I didn't get 3G at work. It seems to me that they could have been doing something to improve the service because my 3G speeds are better now than they were before. I average about 1.2 to 3 mpbs down, depending on the time of day. When I am at home I get 4G, and it is blazing. What was odd is that while I had no 3G and couldn't get texts, I did have 4G.

I am thinking that maybe they were working on our towers for Vision. If that is the case, I think they should send burst announcements to those who might be affected to give them a heads-up. I know why they won't, because people would rightly want their bills discounted since they are admitting you aren't receiving service like you are supposed to. Still, it would have helped me to know because I did all kinds of phone troubleshooting stuff before calling them.

Anyway, if you are used to getting pretty good 3G speeds and aren't now, it can't hurt to report it. At least the issue is on record and if they are working on the towers or having a problem just be nice but ask and you will get credit to your account.

I agree with you that Sprint should send out letters or emails informing us that they are working on coverage in our areas. Right now I have barely 1 bar of 4G and 2 bars of 3G (Without Help From My Airave). But I would welcome a letter from Sprint saying they are improving coverage in my area. I bet a lot of people would, but Sprint wont do that because the work of making coverage better is always going on. So Sprint would be sending letters everyday.

airlynkllc

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I updated my phone using the latest software update, my mobile voice and data connections are barely holding a signal, if at all. If I turn off WiFi, then my mobile connections wont take over. The bars might be there showing a signal, but there is still no connection. Has anyone else been going through this since updating your EVO3D? Have you been able to fix it? Oh and I can't download a new PRL either. I don't know if that's related, but I thought I would post it. The pics below show what software I am running and a pic of what my signal strength looks like.

Any advice?

This is a common issue that i have experienced, i am the enterprise manager for my company's Communications Department, this issue has to do with the patches applied by the system update, to correct this, provided your rooted and on the stock 2.3.4...

1. Get MSL Reader from the market to obtain your MSL Code its a 6 digit code, write it down
2. Reboot your Device go into a custom recover like TWRP and choose "Wipe cache" then "Wipe Dalvik" do this 2 times then reboot your phone.
3. On your dialer enter *#*#DATA#*#* or *#*#3282#*#* click edit enter in that 6 digit MSL code tap on Advanced, menu ad choose "Restore Defaults" the "Commit Changes" wait for Device to reboot.
4. Profile Update
5. PRL Update (Optional)

The run your speed tests, when we did these steps our data speeds returned to Normal, if not faster, Hope this helps.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance