how stupid are iphone users??

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So just read an article on CNET how apparently a man called 911 cause his poor iPhone was not working. Just proof to show how dumb apple users are. But yet there phones "just work" even though they've been having all kinds issues with ios5.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57323069-71/man-to-911-hey-my-iphone-wont-work/?tag=cnetRiver

Reactions: sujivet

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
;) He should have just asked Siri...

I'm sorry, I know that's wrong and this thread will probably be locked but every iPhone user I know just acts like they are so superior to everyone else. Lol, where I work, all of us in the IT shop have Android, management has iPhones.

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
LOL... Sorry, just had to laugh since that is how both my wife's older sisters act with their iPhones.

A co-worker here even wraps up his iPhone in a silk cloth.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Everyone I know with an iThingy appears to have serious self-esteem issues. They seem to like their spoon-fed, walled garden, cult environment though. :confused:

To me my phone is just another tool in my toolbox of life. :D

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone remember the poll showing that IOS had the largest percentage of users thinking that their phones were 4G? Need I say more?

M3wThr33

Jun 1, 2011
planetmew.com
Anyone remember the poll showing that IOS had the largest percentage of users thinking that their phones were 4G? Need I say more?

And then I end up talking in circles, because the iPhone 4S uses HSPA+ on AT&T. Which is their non-LTE 4G (Like their other non-LTE 4G phones) But during their press conference they explicitly said their phone WASN'T 4G, and compared the transfer speed to 4G phones like the Thrill 4G. So they were saying "Our phone isn't 4G, but we magically had our engineers make it work as fast as these phones saying that they are 4G."

Their engineers didn't do CRAP. It's the EXACT same tech. Yet people refuse to understand that, especially people who call HSPA+ and WiMax not 'real' 4G. The beliefs can be MUTUALLY exclusive.

But having Apple blatantly lie during a keynote and having people not see through this crap was sad.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Lots of iPhone users are elderly or teen girls who know nothing about anything with a microchip. Others are just people who want to be trendy. We have seen this before with Blackberry. Sooner or later something "trendier" will come out and people will flock to it.

I do tech support. A few co-workers have gotten an iPhone, and they say they are sad they did so. Management loves them. As I said "Non-Tech trendy"

Reactions: Wiley_11

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I believe that people should have a device they are happy with and works well for them. If that happens to be the iPhone, so be it. I just do not appreciate their condescending attitudes when the vast majority of them have no clue as to what they are even talking about.

Quills#WP

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
the title of this thread made me chuckle. it's not "are iphone users stupid?" instead, it's "how stupid are iphone users??".

awesome...

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
This a fun thread,
Apple revolutionized the "smart phone" as we know it today. They just haven't really let go with development. If they really let their ideas fly they would blow away anything... However that's not apples style.. they figured out how to milk every penny from their customers and they are keeping it that way. They release a "whole new phone" every so often and everyone runs to get it. They have those customers owned, they are very closed minded when it comes to their phones... I was laughing at a customer I had cone in.. he thought his iPhone 4s was a gift from god.

Then I busted out my EVO 3d,
U got Siri? I got iris.... You got that lil screen, I got this big one... And i got 3d... A dual core processor, 1.2 ghz of speed.. The list goes on forever...

For example of the apple pwnege the iPhone 3g and 3gs... What's the biggest difference in them... Well they simply throttled the CPU up and changed some power management stuff, other than that same phone.. I even put the 3gs power management into my 3g and it ran the same as my girlfriends 3gs... Yet everyone ran to buy the 3gs... Apple made their customers buy the same device twice(at that time) and then they repeated themselves with this 4s ordeal... And will most likely keep this trend going.... Making lil adjusments and "features" and releasing it as a whole new phone... All the while those apple "fan boys" are oblivious to this marketing strategy.. people will always follow the "trends" and as android users we should embrace this, as we are not blinded by apple... Idk just me rambling over coffee half awake on a Sunday morning...

Shot from my shooter in 3D
injected with cleanrom2.8

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This topic falls under terms of use for AC. We don't attack other users choices, even if it is the competition. While we all tend to dislike apple's approach, lets not lambast all apple useres as stupid and non-tech savy.

Sent from my CM7 Thunderbolt, AOSP.

I beg to differ. I have been attacked numerous times, here in the EVO 3D forum no less, for my choice and satisfaction with my phone. If the mods decide to lock down this thread then so be it. Having said that, the rules should be enforced for all and the choices we all make.

ItsMeCD

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe that people should have a device they are happy with and works well for them. If that happens to be the iPhone, so be it. I just do not appreciate their condescending attitudes when the vast majority of them have no clue as to what they are even talking about.

Amen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles