Help with transferring files

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Feel like this is a stupid question but I'm gonna ask anyway. When I have my phone hooked up to the computer and am searching through the contents on the SD card, if I wanna move music or video files onto the card, what folder do I put them in? Every time I try to move something it just shows up as a separate file on the card, not in an actual folder. Does this make any sense?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No question is a stupid question. :) Put music in the Music folder at the root of your sd card and pictures in the Pictures folder.

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I think I've figured out what I needed to know. Carrie that makes perfect sense and that was what I was trying to do, except there is no Music or Pictures folder that I can find on my SD card (using WiFi File Explorer). I found a Sample Music folder that had music, and photos are in a sub-folder of the DCIM folder. I think I am going to just create simple folders for Music, Photos, Videos, etc., dump everything in the appropriate folder, and hope they show up on the phone in the right place. Guess I was over thinking things, realizing now that Android works pretty much like an actual computer (create folders, put stuff where you want, etc). Will post back if I run into trouble.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No problem! I tend to overthink things too. If your sd card is new you will need to create those folders at the root.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance