Help with transferring files

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Feel like this is a stupid question but I'm gonna ask anyway. When I have my phone hooked up to the computer and am searching through the contents on the SD card, if I wanna move music or video files onto the card, what folder do I put them in? Every time I try to move something it just shows up as a separate file on the card, not in an actual folder. Does this make any sense?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No question is a stupid question. :) Put music in the Music folder at the root of your sd card and pictures in the Pictures folder.

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I think I've figured out what I needed to know. Carrie that makes perfect sense and that was what I was trying to do, except there is no Music or Pictures folder that I can find on my SD card (using WiFi File Explorer). I found a Sample Music folder that had music, and photos are in a sub-folder of the DCIM folder. I think I am going to just create simple folders for Music, Photos, Videos, etc., dump everything in the appropriate folder, and hope they show up on the phone in the right place. Guess I was over thinking things, realizing now that Android works pretty much like an actual computer (create folders, put stuff where you want, etc). Will post back if I run into trouble.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No problem! I tend to overthink things too. If your sd card is new you will need to create those folders at the root.