1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    6m2

Default Duplicate Contact from Skype

So I've had the my Evo 3D a while now and there is one issue I can't solve. Since I downloaded Skype and integrated my Skype contacts to my existing list something odd has happened.

Open "People" and the first five or so screens are one phone number, repeated dozens of times. It comes from Skype and it's my mother phone number, not that it matters. Unless Android is telling me to call my mother... could be?

Interestingly this doesn't occur in the Skype contacts either on the phone or computer. Also I can't delete them, I can add them to my mother's contact entry, but I have to do it one at a time all that does it add the number to her entry over and over again. Then I have to delete them from there. As fun as it is, I hoped someone might have a more elegant solution, or even an explanation.

Default Re: Duplicate Contact from Skype

Same issue here on my Sensation. Ever since it arrived 2 days ago I've been doing nothing but trying to resolve this.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

in your people app, click menu, and then, view.
    that will allow you to select which address books to display.

Do you see any unexpected address books showing up there? Could these entries be getting pulled from 'recent' contacts in Gmail or another address book?

Try to uncheck one address book at a time and see which one gets rid of all the dups. That should help you narrow down to which address book to 'debug'

HTH

Related issue here. I have all my Skype contacts listed twice if the Skype contacts are shown using "view" within the people app. There's something a little odd about the Skype contacts sync.