How long does it take your EVO 3D to reboot?

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
if people were smart, they would "Defrag" their hard drives at least once a month or so. this will then line everything up nice on the HD and thus have quicker boot ups.
but you're right, having a ton of programs and stuff also turn on durring boot up can and will take forever to start up...so people, turn off all them programs that start up at boot up.

If you're not aware, phones don't actually have a hard drive. Defragmenting would do nothing since it's flash storage. There are no moving parts to slow down the disk reading process so "lining up" programs is irrelevant. Check this out (he does an ok job) Should I Defrag my SSD? - YouTube
Also guys, fast boot only works when you shut down the phone and then turn it back on. It's basically the same as hibernating your computer. If you turn off fast boot then it will go through the entire boot process. And whether fast boot is on or off it will go through the entire boot process if you choose to restart the phone. That's why it takes 15 seconds to turn on yet 1-2 minutes to restart.
One thing I haven't figured out yet is what exactly "start automatically: auto launch task manager after device startup," does. The built in task manager doesn't really seem to do anything except give you the ability to close apps. Has anyone figured out exactly what this does?

Reactions: speedtouch

alvarezjpr

May 8, 2010
Visit site
2:28 from pressing OK (in the reboot popup) until the lock screen showed up. About 4:05 until all the icons worked (instead of the generic android icon). Fast Boot checked. And just found out, that if I'm looking at the phone while it reboots, it feels like a lifetime!!!:p

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Just timed it. Turning on from a fastboot is ~15 seconds. A full Restart is 4 minutes and 48 seconds.

I do feel like that's a long time, but it so rarely comes up. Android does such a good job of managing RAM and processes, that I usually go several weeks before something prompts me to restart.

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Android assistant the app will tell you how long it takes to boot fully....

There are so many things that come into play on boot, who is to say why it takes so long... My 3vo is almost a year old with ics 4.0.3 still boots pretty quick with even with scanning my 250 apps at each boot.. howver my girlfriends non rooted 3vo will take a very long time to boot...
I find this to ne interesting to say the least

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Android assistant the app will tell you how long it takes to boot fully....

There are so many things that come into play on boot, who is to say why it takes so long... My 3vo is almost a year old with ics 4.0.3 still boots pretty quick with even with scanning my 250 apps at each boot.. howver my girlfriends non rooted 3vo will take a very long time to boot...
I find this to ne interesting to say the least

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Probably has something to do with the root or maybe she has something on her phone that makes booting up take a bit longer.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums