Upgrade to Evo3D or Evo4g?

lexcoupe2100

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife is do for an upgrade and shes coming from a blackberry curve 3g, will the evo 3d be a good choice or should I get her the evo 4g? (evo 4g still good upgrade option?) I have a htc hero running cm7 so I am a fan of htc.

lexcoupe2100

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking that even withouth the 3d feature which she probably wont use anyways, having 1.2 ghz processor is a plus along with the screen size, the only downfall for me was the camera downgraded to 5.0.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Others will chime in on this with the technical reasons, but there isn't a noticeable difference in the 5 mp camera and 8 mp camera on cell phones. I take pictures a lot, and imho very good ones ;) and send them to people and post them on Facebook and such. EDIT: I would recommend you take a look at the sticky at the top of this forum of examples of pictures taken using the EVO 3D. There are a lot of really great ones.

I am very happy with my EVO 3D and would recommend it. You don't have to use the 3D feature if you don't want. I didn't think I would use it at all but found myself taking more and more pictures and video in 3D.

I don't know how interested she is (or if you are interested in such things either) but I use the MHL full mirroring of my phone to my HD tv a lot. You do have to purchase the adapter separately, but it allows you to see anything that is displayed on your phone's screen onto your tv. For example, I was able to stream the RedZone channel from my DirecTV app from my phone to a friend's tv. The thing is, if you have 3D content and want to display it on a 3D tv you can do that, too, or if your tv is a 2D tv, it will still display the 3D content only change it to 2D format.

For me, the phone is fast and responsive, and I like the web browsing experience a lot. I don't even use the mobile website versions because browsing on the full site is great.

Last edited:
Reactions: lexcoupe2100

lexcoupe2100

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
CarrieK, you have sold me the evo 3d lol
I really want her to have a good phone and she always wanted a tablet and I explained to her that she could probably do the same on the evo than she would on a tablet. I really would be interested on that adapter if I would be able to stream netflix from phone to tv? I really appreciate the feedback, I'm looking to pick up the white version but debating wether I should wait for it to drop back to 50 or buy it at 100

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
If you don't care about 3d, and large hands, or don't care about size of phone, want to see whatever content is on screen in sunshine, forgo the Evos and get the Samsung Galaxy S II E4GT. I have the Evos, gf had both EVO and 3D. Couldn't stand the battery life. Sense was laggy and memory hog. Suffice to say, now she has the iphone. I got the E4GT for both my mom and grandmother (89). They love it. Gf wants the E4GT though.
In all reality, evo and 3d Are decent phones but battery are unfortunately horrendous. If you can go with the E4GT. Otherwise I think the 3D is $50 right now from Sprint?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The SGSII is a good phone. The main problem I have with it is that it is a Samsung. They are not known for updates and support. The only reason the NS4G (which I happen to own as well) gets any updates is because it is a "Google" phone.

As for the screen on the EVO 3D, I love it. That is a matter of personal preference. I have not regretted my choice in devices one bit, even after having the opportunity to test drive my cousin's SGS2. Jmho. Perhaps a trip to the Sprint store, OP, with your lady love, under the pretense that you are looking for a phone for yourself ;) is in order. You and she could look at them and you could guage how she feels and what she likes best. I think a white EVO 3D would be a great choice for her. Hard to say whether you should wait to see if the price will go down or not. And yes, you would be able to stream Netflix to your tv! :D

The cost of the adapters vary. When I first got mine right after the EVO 3D was launched I got it for $29 by ordering it from the Sprint store and having it shipped to my house (they gave me a discount). Now you can order them online cheaper from various manufacturers. Mine is the HTC one.

Last edited:

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
There is no such thing as lag on the EVO 3D... with the memory and processor you could run your home PC off of it.lol. I have 115 apps installed on mine and I practically abuse it from use. This is the first phone I have ever had that I am 100% satisfied with. As far as the 3d... I figure not long form now EVERY tv sold will have the 3d feature in it standard. It will be cool when you have a 3d tv, to watch the 3d video and pictures that took years ago on your phone! That was a big seller for me. I take all my photo's in 3d... as the 3d is really two 2d pictures, every 3d pic you take is easily converted by the phone to 2d (it just shows one of the photos).

lexcoupe2100

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow :eek: thank you all who posted your feedback, I truly appreciate it, reading positive feedback really makes you want to get it, I will swing by the store with her and have her get the feel of it, Im sure she will enjoy it just because of the screen size and how fast it is. I dont think i want to wait until price drops lol but I will swing thru radioshack and look at the white edition :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon