Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Just Died in 3 Hours Doing Nothing.

It's never died this quick. How do I find out what's killing it? All the battery app says is Android OS.

Default Re: Battery Just Died in 3 Hours Doing Nothing.

I am having a massive battery drain issue also. Started noticing it yesterday and seemed even worse today. Went down ~10% in less than 20 min and down to 6% with minimal use in about 6 hours, been on WiFi all day.

Updated Beautiful Widgets recently and purchased a bunch of 10 cent apps. Also updated the android marketplace app but I noticed the battery drain prior. Have no clue yet as to what is causing the drain except "Android OS" but I am interested to see if anyone else has any info.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

I had this problem last week. Something was draining my battery like crazy and was dead after 2 hrs or so. Reboots didn't fix it. The only thing that did was be doing a titanium backup. I guess it stopped all processes, including the one killing my battery. Haven't had the problem since and I have rebooted afterwards.

I'm running stock here. Been uninstalling some of the recent apps I downloaded and see if that stops the drain.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Rebooted mine and I'm back to usual drain, but this has happened 3 times now. The other 2 times were more like 6 hours of non use, but when I'm not using it like that I don't check it and next thing you know I'm drained.

It did spur me to buy a car charger today though, since when I was about to leave is when I saw my phone was about dead and I was going to have no phone for my journey.

Really should be a way to see which app is using the power. "Android OS" just doesn't cut it.

If you have the amaze camera on your phone, that might be the culprit.

Global Posts
    968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fred72matt View Post
    Really? I installed the zip a few weeks ago and haven't had that happen. Do you mean that it drains your battery more usual when you use it (which I haven't noticed either) or that it does something in the background when you aren't using it?
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1.2 / Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fred72matt View Post
    I have it and use it often...no problems with drain.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Mine drained and died overnight. Must be a syncing issue.
    webOS is dead. Long live Android.
    Data Hog since 6/2009

Me too, massive drain. I posted about it on the issues thread. Hopefully ICS will help.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

If you wanna know whats using your battery life up install Battery Indicator. Its a free app off of the app store. It will give you a list of whats killing your battery. Breaks it all down for you..App for app or service!

https://market.android.com/details?i...bmRpY2F0b3IiXQ..

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Sample screen shot...

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Sample screen shot...Click to view quoted image

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D
    I don't see how that helps. I think the EVO3D comes with that info. If not, then I installed something similar quite a while ago. All it indicates as the culprit is "Android OS".

Noticed some horrible drain after a solid start to the day. I was nearly flatline in the morning but now it's diving quickly. I haven't used it much today, but I did install the amaze camera sometime in the later morning and after reading a few posts earlier, I immediately deleted it as it might be the culprit. I'll see if that fixes it. I've attached my battery drain, which available stock under Settings - About Phone - Battery - Battery Use - then click on top bar to blow it up.

Any thoughts? I keep going into task manager and "killing" things. Is that bad?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Just Died in 3 Hours Doing Nothing.-2011-12-15_16-57-10.jpg  

You guys should really try juice defender. I bought juice defender and it saves my battery from draining all the way down. It shuts everything off that u don't need or use in sleep mode. You can still receive calls and texts when juice defender is on. I will say this about juice defender. It does take about a day for it to really start working for your phone. Anyways its definitely worth it. I've had my phone off the charger for 7 hours and I'm just now at 80%. And I have used my phone to get on Facebook and stuff like that too. Try it out.

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weston87 View Post
    I will say this about juice defender. It does take about a day for it to really start working for your phone.
    That is what I have found too. It is getting better as the days go on.
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Led_Zappa View Post
    I don't see how that helps. I think the EVO3D comes with that info. If not, then I installed something similar quite a while ago. All it indicates as the culprit is "Android OS".
    If its an app it will tell you so. I use this app on a daily bases. Its more useful then you think.

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

I left my phone off charge since yesterday late afternoon to test just how good the juice beta was in its limited state. So after 16 hours I'm at 68% battery after making calls, surfing and watching hd videos. I'm now anxious to know how much better the ultimate version is versus the beta version. DW was so impressed with my findings, she just dl the beta version to test. Looks like they are about to get $8 from me soon. I highly recommend this app.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB