Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Convert 3d video to 2d? Anybody?

This is so frustrating because TONS of people ask this and nobody ever answers it. The conversation turns into ways to turn 2d into 3d or upload 3d to Youtube.

Plain and simple... i want to get my 3d video onto my PC in 2d and NOT split screen. Is there a software that will convert the 3D to 2D?

Ultimately I would like to drag my 3d video onto my pc and run some program that will simply convert it to 2d so I can add the videos to my home video library and watch on my tv.

i can't be the only person interested in doing this. Can I? lol

Default Re: Convert 3d video to 2d? Anybody?

Just record in 2D? Haha Unless you mean videos you get from another source and download onto your phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Just record in 2D? Haha Unless you mean videos you get from another source and download onto your phone.
    I want them in 3D for watching on a 3D TV, (or for the future when ALL tVs are 3d) but for now, I want to be able to convert them to 2D so I can watch them on a non-3D tv. Or make a DVD to send to friends and family, or watch on my PC.

The 3D is a cool thing but 99% of the places you are going to play them will be 2D. There MUST be a way to convert them.

Ah, I gotcha. Sadly I only got my 3VO on Christmas Day and don't use the 3D too much so I'm not sure but maybe a quick bit of google searching will unearth some answers. I'll snoop around and see what I can find out.

Sorry for double-posting but from what I can tell there is no known way whatsoever (at least none that I can find) to convert a 3D video to a 2D video.

I am having the same problem, I know that you can play them on your computer using the new movie player. At least with windows 8 there is not a problem playing 3D movies EVO 3D on the player selected from the metro screen. I can't find anything on this. Search only pulls up the opposite, how to convert 2D into 3D.

I don't know the answer either, but it seems like there should be a way to do it. If you could convert it to side-by-side and they crop out one of the frames, that seems like it would accomplish your purpose.

Now how to do that, I have no idea, but both steps seem like they are do-able. (Although croping video might take some special software.) Search for each part seperately, and see if you can figure it out.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

I'd like to know how to do this also.

I found a software program that will convert HTC EVO 3D video to 2D MPEG-4 video or any other 2D format.
    The name of the software is "Aiseesoft 3D Converter".
    It works beautifully.