Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD card not responding!

I keep having trouble with my phone not reading my SD card. I just got a brand new 32gb SD card and when the phone starts up after I put it in it reads it fine. But after a while , anywhere from an hour to a day, it won't read it. I can go to my music or look at my videos and pics and it says there is nothing on it. I have reformated my card twice now and still nothing. I had this happen on my 16gb and reformating the cars worked. It's just not working on this one. Does anyone know of a way to fix this so don't have to keep resetting my phone just to look at my pics, videos and music?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
    cleanrom 3.0

Check in settings when it happens, SD card settings... Should see a mount or unmount option sounds like a mount issue...

Shot from my sharp shooter in 3d
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks! I ended up trying that after I posted this lol and so far it hasn't done it yet. So we shall see.

Default Re: SD card not responding!

the same thing started for me a couple of days ago ... after listening to song for an hour trip to my college ,i put it on silent and on my way back when i try to listen to music it says no music found ... and then i have to remove the sd card -> put it back_> remount it .. and it it works .... pls help me

my mobile is htc sensation xe

I just installed a new 16 GB micro SD card with 11GB of music files I loaded onto it before installing. Now my phone won't let me mount the card and it won't calculate or display the used or available space. HELP!!!

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mset510 View Post
    I just installed a new 16 GB micro SD card with 11GB of music files I loaded onto it before installing. Now my phone won't let me mount the card and it won't calculate or display the used or available space. HELP!!!
    Did you mount and format it in the phone prior to loading the music files?
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB

Quote Originally Posted by weston87 View Post
    I keep having trouble with my phone not reading my SD card. I just got a brand new 32gb SD card and when the phone starts up after I put it in it reads it fine. But after a while , anywhere from an hour to a day, it won't read it. I can go to my music or look at my videos and pics and it says there is nothing on it. I have reformated my card twice now and still nothing. I had this happen on my 16gb and reformating the cars worked. It's just not working on this one. Does anyone know of a way to fix this so don't have to keep resetting my phone just to look at my pics, videos and music?