1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi speedtest with screen off

I have been having lots of skipping issues with Pandora, Slacker, etc. when wifi was on. I researched all the threads I could find and others have had the issue.

I did a speedtest with the screen on and download was over 10mbps. When I run the test with screen off it can be as low as 150kbps.

If I check "Best Wi-Fi Performance" in the advanced wifi settings it will have the same whether the screen is on or off, but battery drains pretty fast.

Does anyone know of any other options to fix this? I have tried different ROMS (ViperRom, CleanRom, etc.) and the Tiamat Kernel, but no luck with those.

Thanks for help.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Wifi speedtest with screen off

Update:
    If I leaved it plugged in than the speed does not decrease, so it obviously is some sort of power saving thing...I just wonder if there is a way to either make the minimum speed in the lower power state higher or something.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
    cleanrom 3.0

Spare parts and blade buddy have a WiFi setting thing... Check the market might help

Shot from my sharp shooter in 3d

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Default Re: Wifi speedtest with screen off

Menu-Settings-Wireless & Networks-Wifi Settings-Menu-Advanced-Wifi Sleep Policy-select never
    "Something inspirational" ~ Some smart dude
    Hit the "Thanks" button