Question About GPS/Navigation..

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there any GPS/Navigation app where you can use it and NOT have service?

I work as a delivery boy but my phone gets really ty service where I live so I usually just mapquest it and follow the directions but it'd be so much easier if I had an actual Navigation that tells me where I am. Thanks in advance!

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You can cache map tiles in Google Maps. By that I mean save areas, you just select the areas you want. I assume it would work in these areas without signal once they are cached but I have no idea since I always have signal.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You can cache map tiles in Google Maps. By that I mean save areas, you just select the areas you want. I assume it would work in these areas without signal once they are cached but I have no idea since I always have signal.

Yes it does work well i have used it

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My tracks uses GPS , it doesnt need sprint service or wifi, i have 2 phones with no service and the wifi off and its working fine on both.

Reactions: Joe113

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
This mytracks app doesn't allow me to get directions unless I'm missing something here lol.

And the navit app you have to download huge files for the maps (Northeast USA was like 500 MB!).

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there any GPS/Navigation app where you can use it and NOT have service?

I work as a delivery boy but my phone gets really ty service where I live so I usually just mapquest it and follow the directions but it'd be so much easier if I had an actual Navigation that tells me where I am. Thanks in advance!

i guess search the market for GPS apps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles