Issue: Ringer volume automatically decreasing

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Same problem with my LG G3 but I noticed it AFTER I installed a custom ringtone from the "Old Phone Ringtone" app. So this could be happening to others when they are not using the ringtone which came with the phone.

Gautam R1

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here in my moto g second gen as well. My issue happens when my phone is charging ad post charging it reduces to one and I have to increase it. Same issue comes next day while charging. This issue occurred post upgrading to android l. A bugged is. KitKat was so better.

Pavlos Demourtsidis

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
i have the same isuue on my oneplus one phone. i put the rington volume at max, the first 1-2 times it rings ok, after suddently it goes automatically half the volume, in the middle . So i have to put it again to max every time as you do. It drives me crazy, isnt there any solution????

Maybe its the ascendind ringtone setting?????

S GTG

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
"SOLVED FOR HTC"

Hi guys im trying to fix my moto g 2nd gen with same issue but i have come across a thread that has worked for HTC users so i thought i'd share for the rest.

(carnt paste link untill i've made 10 posts so try to piece it together if you carnt manually search on this site for it)
forums.androidcentral com/htc-one-s/260796-ringtone-volume-broken.html
Thread question:- Ringtone volume broken.
Good luck. :D

S GTG

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Better still i will use my brains lol!

EDIT: Found the answer. Well, found a solution anyhow, still don't know what the issue was.

Go to Settings > Power > and unselect Fast boot, the do a good ole fashioned power down and back up again and, voila! The phone! She is fixed!

S GTG

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
**** man
there is no settings like this where one can Uncheck qit ring on pick up.
I wouldn't know as I don't have a HTC but I did solve my problem and it was by plugging my phone via USB into my pc and moving all my ringtones into the ringtones folder. (I had some ringtones set but they were in with my normal music folder instead of audio ringtones and notications).

Worth a look good luck.

S GTG

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I found a fix for my moto 2nd gen maybe something as simple as mine might help (fingers crossed)

Plug your phone into your computer via a USB cable. Open folder to view files.
This is were the magic worked for me
** open Music folder
** copy all items
** go back
**Open "ringtones" and paste what you copied
*****thats it (if you dont want 2 copies of those files go back into your music folder and delete what you've just copied to save space)..... This worked for my ringer problems maybe it can help someone else, good luck.

N.B You dont have to copy all items just the ones that you are using for ringtones (although i havent test this i just moved everything).

Ahmed Nido

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I need some assistance with my Evo 3D. I keep my ringer volume just one notch below the loudest setting. But after receiving an incoming call, it automatically decreases down to VERY low. So then I move it back up to where I want. But after receiving a call, it goes back down again.

What is up with this? Anyone else experiencing this? Any resolutions to this issue?

Thanks!

I have same problem in Samsung s4 lollipop 5.0.1
pllz help

Mark Hinton

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my Galaxy S4. It just started happening when I downloaded and installed the latest Android updates. It changed many other settings on my phone also. I wish I had never installed the updates! Does anyone know how to prevent this ringer problem?

kwtang0102

May 14, 2015
Visit site
i have a same problem with my Galaxy s4 after installed new upgrade from LOLLIPOP 5.0.1 ,, when i received call my phone volume will automatic decrease to very low volume.... hopefully samsung will review my problem... TQ

jdwelch

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I too had the same problem. After much frustration and consulting with Verizon tech support, including a factory reset, I stumbled on the solution. At least this worked on my phone (Galaxy g4). Simply go to sound and notification mode under settings and uncheck the vibrate when ringing setting. For some reason, when it is in the vibrate when ringing mode it seems to trigger the volume reset to low. Hope it works for anyone who has this problem.

Jim bob 1261

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I need some assistance with my Evo 3D. I keep my ringer volume just one notch below the loudest setting. But after receiving an incoming call, it automatically decreases down to VERY low. So then I move it back up to where I want. But after receiving a call, it goes back down again.

What is up with this? Anyone else experiencing this? Any resolutions to this issue?

Thanks!

My Galaxy s for was having the same problem. I had to turn off the feature to make it louder when in a pocket. Problem fixed.