Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Default uninstall voice dialler

Does anyone. Know how to get rid of this app? It starts working by itself when I'm driving calling people starting other apps???
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: uninstall voice dialler

are you rooted?

Quote Originally Posted by Keem View Post
    Does anyone. Know how to get rid of this app? It starts working by itself when I'm driving calling people starting other apps???
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

nope, this only happens when i am driving, listening music then it starts running voice dialer and start running multiple apps and calling random people.. looks like this was a build in htc based app

I believe this has to due with the "headphone " jack you are using. It is causing a "short" in the phone. The base of the jack is probably metal and so is the plug. I used a thin piece of plastic on the jack and then plug it in. It keeps it from shorting and no more random loading of apps. I hope thet makes sense.
    Thanked by:
    keem5 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Thumbs up Re: uninstall voice dialler

Quote Originally Posted by Gents View Post
    I believe this has to due with the "headphone " jack you are using. It is causing a "short" in the phone. The base of the jack is probably metal and so is the plug. I used a thin piece of plastic on the jack and then plug it in. It keeps it from shorting and no more random loading of apps. I hope thet makes sense.

That make sense , thank you for your answer.

If you root you can remove it with titanium backup.

Sent from my PG86100

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Root Method/Htc Dev unlocked/Juopunutbear s-off
    Recovery/4-EXT

Gents,
    Thank you!
    I read the suggestion to Keem and thought about it over night. The next day I got a metal file and filed the tip if the jack and I also file around the tip of the jack. Did not have a problem with it trying to randomly call out, play my mp3’s, or voice dialer turning on.
    The only regret is, I should have filed the tip only, then if the problems persisted, file around the tip, and so forth, then I would really know where the root problem is initiating from!
    Thanx again!