evo 3d issues with screen

has this helped you

• Total voters

LOUI3

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone and thanks to anyone who helps with this diagnosis,because I do believe there is a fix

First with my phones info

EVO 3d
rooted via HTC token method (followed by zenomax instructions)
Hboot 1.5
Synergy ROM with ziggy kernel(as its all that will flash correctly since the ext change installing ziggy I believe)

I very skilled with computers coding I upgrade every electronic in my home and this EVO has beatten me so I come to you for ideas.

The lower part of my screen has became unresponsive but only on the all apps button the phone sometimes and the personalize button,however if I tap the options button(the one beside home) I can select from those buttons in the same spots the all apps and personalize buttons would be...also on touch test I can see where the screen actuallystops picking up but if i hold a finger in that dead area and move it side to side the dot where my finger was Will follow meaning the phone knows my finger is there but its not listing to me correctly,once in awhile it will let me select those buttons or in touch test act like nothing is wrong but then shortly buggy out selecting buttons on the key board or maybe call the last number I called ,isometimes in other apps it won't let me use that portion of the screen ie..words with friends I can't use the lower buttons in it on to finish set up on dolphin hd ect......

I have factory reset ,wiped dalvik ,cache and re installed the kernal and ROM to come back to the same problem
I believe its software and can be fixed,maybe it has and you guys know and I missed it , thanks for any ideas you can throw

Last edited:

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
This happened to my 3D. I took mine to the sprint store and they told me that it needed a new touch screen. If your have the insurance go to a sprint store and have them replace the screen or you can buy one and do it yourself.

LOUI3

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This happened to my 3D. I took mine to the sprint store and they told me that it needed a new touch screen. If your have the insurance go to a sprint store and have them replace the screen or you can buy one and do it yourself.

Will I have to unroot my phone?
There is a slight issue with doing that..
I have lost my stock ROM due to a courrupt SD card

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
before you RUU try installing a different launcher ,such as Go Launcher

Hello everyone and thanks to anyone who helps with this diagnosis,because I do believe there is a fix

First with my phones info

EVO 3d
rooted via HTC token method (followed by zenomax instructions)
Hboot 1.5
Synergy ROM with ziggy kernel(as its all that will flash correctly since the ext change installing ziggy I believe)

I very skilled with computers coding I upgrade every electronic in my home and this EVO has beatten me so I come to you for ideas.

The lower part of my screen has became unresponsive but only on the all apps button the phone sometimes and the personalize button,however if I tap the options button(the one beside home) I can select from those buttons in the same spots the all apps and personalize buttons would be...also on touch test I can see where the screen actuallystops picking up but if i hold a finger in that dead area and move it side to side the dot where my finger was Will follow meaning the phone knows my finger is there but its not listing to me correctly,once in awhile it will let me select those buttons or in touch test act like nothing is wrong but then shortly buggy out selecting buttons on the key board or maybe call the last number I called ,isometimes in other apps it won't let me use that portion of the screen ie..words with friends I can't use the lower buttons in it on to finish set up on dolphin hd ect......

I have factory reset ,wiped dalvik ,cache and re installed the kernal and ROM to come back to the same problem
I believe its software and can be fixed,maybe it has and you guys know and I missed it , thanks for any ideas you can throw

Reactions: LOUI3

LOUI3

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for the help, the go launcher has helped me deal with it for the time being and I'm going to replace the touch screen at home, I have insurance but the replacement looks fun so again thanks everyone.

LOUI3

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
ok all finished and everything seems to be working great!!!
if anyone needs help replacing their digitizer Ill be glad to offer any advice based on my install got some video aswell...
thanks again to everyone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20