Battery Drainer?

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
So I have a signal booster router from Sprint at my house which means I have 5-6 bars (full service 3G) basically 100% of the time, but I also have wi-fi... now if I have on my wi-fi on my phone, but I also have 5-6 does that mean the wi-fi is draining my battery and I should turn it off because I already have full service? Thanks, any help is appreciated.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
The Air Rave is data and voice. If you have the WiFi on, it is using your battery. If it is off, it isn't. This is the case whether you have the Air Rave or not. I assume that your WiFi speeds are faster than your 3G speeds are, even at full signal strength, so I don't understand why you wouldn't use the WiFi when it's available. If your WiFi is on then any data is routed through that and not the 3G data connection. I have the same setup at my house, but my WiFi is always on at home. The Air Rave gets me a great signal for calls but I am using my WiFi for data. It's just faster, although I am on a 25M up/down with FiOS.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I have unlimited data, so that's really not an issue. Maybe I should just turn it off, and turn it on when I wanna DL an app. Don't really surf the web using my phone when I'm home cause I have my laptop for that.

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, if you have wifi access you should be on it. Not only is it easier on your battery but you'll sync in the background faster, too. I have an Airave but stay on wifi at all times when at home. I leave both my wifi and 3g turned on in settings. System defaults to wifi when it's available and shuts off the 3g, but as soon as I leave the house and I'm out of wifi range it kicks on the 3g.

6c54e168-119a-48f2.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000