1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default evo 3d freeze/reboot on half or less battery power, good on charg

I bought this phone on ebay. didn't check initially, now passed return period...

When on charger it performs perfectly. but when on battery especially when the battery power is less than about 50%, it begins to give problems, like death of sleep, freeezing, or reboot.

I tried to fix by all different methods, changed battery, factory reset, flashed different ROMs and kernels, blow mainboard using hot gun...

but the problem is still there... am desperate... any help will be appreciated..
    Last edited by cinciner; 03-19-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Default Re: evo 3d freeze/reboot on half or less battery power, good on c

Blow mainboard using hot gun?

Does the device over heat when its running, and say plugged in but in sleep mode?
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Try charging to %100 and wipe the battery stats, its worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by cinciner View Post
    I bought this phone on ebay. didn't check initially, now passed return period...

When on charger it performs perfectly. but when on battery especially when the battery power is less than about 50%, it begins to give problems, like death of sleep, freeezing, or reboot.

I tried to fix by all different methods, changed battery, factory reset, flashed different ROMs and kernels, blow mainboard using hot gun...

but the problem is still there... am desperate... any help will be appreciated..

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

no overheating. tried wipe battery, didn't work...

i recently found even the battery is pretty full, it will reboot or freeze.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

If you think its a battery issue I would just try a new battery. Sounds stupid but just might do the trick!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? My situation is exactly like yours, bought the Evo 3d on ebay and later found the rebooting problem. I would really like for there to be a solution.