Anybody use their Evo 3D w/o a case? How's it holding up?
12-09-2014 11:39 AM
- Does anyone use their Evo 3D withouth a case? How's it holding up (scuffs, scratches, camera pod, screen damage, etc)? How long have you had it naked? Are you hard on it, or do you baby it? Drops? (Pictures are appreciated.)
I asked because I've had mine in a Otterbox Commuter case since day one, but now I'm thinking of going caseless, or maybe getting something thinner.03-21-2012 02:08 PM
- I have the white EVO 3D, so i definitely don't want to have it scratch or dent. I had bought this slim slick fitted case off of Amazon about three months ago. I prefer the slim fit of this case.. rather than many of the bulky ones I've seen.
I just can't remember the name of this case. It also comes with a pullout stand. Here is a front and back view of it.03-21-2012 04:23 PM
- 03-21-2012 04:49 PM
- I have used mine since launch day without a case or screen protector, don't see the point in having a nice screen if you can't look at it. The corners of the phone have chips and scratches from being dropped but it has held up fairly well. I figure I will be ready for something new by the time my 3d is too beat up to use.03-21-2012 07:35 PM
- I am also using my Evo3D with out a case only screen protector I have dropped it on concrete in the Costco parking lot out of my hand it bounced like 4 times only very minor scratches on 2 corners (black sharpie fixed that!) remember it has a metal/aluminium frame this aint no Samsung!
Honestly the Evo3D is heavy cuz its built like a tank...03-21-2012 09:07 PM
I have two small nicks around the edge that I colored in. It looks fine. The nicks are still there but I'm happy that this thing isn't made entirely of plastic. No real scratches on the screen just light, light swirls from cleaning it. My only real issue is the glass covering the camera lenses: that certainly isn't Gorilla Glass back there.03-21-2012 09:20 PM
- The screen has gorilla glass and won't scratch, so a screen protector is not necessary. I've had mine in my pocket daily with keys, change, and everything else for about 9mths without even a little scratch on the screen.
Don't confuse scratching with breaking though. If you drop the phone on a corner the screen can break. so to help protect from falls I have a Seido Active case. It is a skin that attaches to the back and barely adds any size to the phone. It also prevents the phone from slipping out of my hands. For some reason plastic slips from my hands very easily.
Link: Corning Gorilla Glass Site- HTC Phones03-21-2012 11:43 PM
- 03-22-2012 06:51 AM
Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk03-22-2012 07:50 AM
- I've had my EVO 3d since launch day. I've never had a case or screen protector and I also baby my phone. No scratches etc . On another note, I did finally cave and buy the 4000 extended battery. I don't know how I survived so long with the stock battery. Needless to say I am never going back. Lol03-22-2012 08:07 AM
- That's crap. My wife has the E4GT and I've got the EVO3D. Her phone feels like something you'd buy at the $1 store for your kids. Mine feels like a device you would spend a few hundred dollars on. Although her screen is AMAZING!
I have two small nicks around the edge that I colored in. It looks fine. The nicks are still there but I'm happy that this thing isn't made entirely of plastic. No real scratches on the screen just light, light swirls from cleaning it. My only real issue is the glass covering the camera lenses: that certainly isn't Gorilla Glass back there.03-22-2012 11:01 AM
- My wife and both have had a 3VO since launch day.
The black aluminum around bezel was scratched off very early in several places and has nicks all over it. The plastic is great and looks fantastic still. Back silver ring around the camera is dinged up but the lens seems pretty good still, though real smudgy.
The front screen has two scratches in it, small ones but the screen causes them to become iridescent and very noticeable at times. Sucks...though I hate cases and am typically very easy on my phone. The scratches on the bezel and just BS bad design or poor materials. Scratches on the screen probably my keys...no gorrilla glass which is BS too. That being said, I should have used an invisheild03-22-2012 11:09 AM
- I have used mine since launch day without a case or screen protector, don't see the point in having a nice screen if you can't look at it. The corners of the phone have chips and scratches from being dropped but it has held up fairly well. I figure I will be ready for something new by the time my 3d is too beat up to use.03-22-2012 11:28 AMLike 1
Gorilla Glass Site: HTC Phones with Gorilla Glass03-23-2012 01:16 AM
- I've been using mine without a case since launch, no drops yet, no scratches. The only flaw is the corner has colors that are rubbing off.
I really don't understand why people buy cases, cause you only use the phone for 2 years and you're gonna get rid of it anyways.. unless you're super clumsy and drop it a lot, I rather not use a case.. they're usually super ugly imo.03-23-2012 05:06 PM
- I will chime in and say that I've never had a case and my phone is fine (purchased within a month of that phone being released). All I do is exercise a little care and common sense. No need for any additional bulk in a case or screen protectors that take away from the vividness of the screen.
The thing that I did have happen is that I have a car dock and it took me a while to piece it together but the red decorative trim around the camera lenses started to unglue and come apart. I got a replacement back cover thinking there was a defection and it happened again. Turns out using the car dock in the winter and your heat on defrost is not a good combo long term. Duh....I should have realized that in the first place.03-23-2012 05:17 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 3D
Anybody use their Evo 3D w/o a case? How's it holding up?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD