Lost in the Sauce:Stock Evo3d bricked itself?

still83fifty

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok..So my main reason for posting, is after searching and reading, and more searching...All I can seem to come up with is that the way to recover the phone is to have it rooted, and all remedies seem to be based off the preconceived notion that the bricked phone was already rooted...Anyways, the situation.

I wake up to phone rebooting endlessly, goes to the white screen with HTC, then reboots. When powered off, and plugged in the usb the led blinks red. It will go into hboot(bootloader)mode but thats it...I tried to factory reset it, that started the reboot loop...I tried to load the newest update of Sprint stock rom, after a earlier version of one failed,(put it on the sd card under the pg86IMG zip thingy). The newer version finally loaded up and went thru the whole process and then nothing happened.

Its running: LOCKED Shooter XC ship S-ON rl Hboot 1.50 , never been rooted, didn't get wet..Can't take it back to Sprint its been on Boost for around six months working perfectly...If I can't bring it back to life, I guess I'll have to part it out..but that will really suck.

So is it beyond help? I'm pretty new to rooting&recovery, I did see the new hboot downgrade guide, but it definitely seemed a little higher on the experience level. Not to mention I have no access to a linux pc. Of course I'm looking for a easy way out, if that's even possible...am I overlooking a possibly easy solution to the problem? Thanks for any help!

still83fifty

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I got it used off Craigslist, it has a VTO 9/22/11 sticker under the battery, from what I have read this means it was refurbished I think. And yeah, I realize that this issue I am having now may be how it ended up in the refurb bin anyways.

Well, I thought this might be the response I would get, was hoping for more from the forums it was my last resort...I have literally offered the guys that advertise to root phones, money to unbrick it, posted a ad for help from anyone on CL...No action.

still83fifty

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well just to update, I happened to read a pop up that I thought was just a normal device driver info needed, when I noticed it had a message I'd never seen before....QHSUSB_DLOAD.....(Qualcomm High Speed USB Down Load mode) which apparently confirms it is definitely hard bricked, and from everything I read this is unrecoverable from. Apparently the processor has a major issue or the software was corrupted. Looks like it will be broken down and parted out...or something...Thanks for the help.

still83fifty

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh Wow Benny3, good looking out...I never came across this thread when I was reading thru the original downgrade thread. This cd/flashdrive method looks much easier, I will definitely attempt this method myself and hopefully bring this Evo3d back to life). Not sure how anyone would have the guts to brick their evo3d just to downgrade the hboot(for me it's perfect though lol) but after reading several pages of the thread you linked, I see my Evo3d isn't in as bad of shape as I thought it was...hopefully.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
lol i downgraded mine and love it. i like different splash screens and was tired of jumping thu hoops to do anything on hboot 1.5. the way i looked at it, its only a phone i would of got a new one if i would bricked it for good...lol

Oh Wow Benny3, good looking out...I never came across this thread when I was reading thru the original downgrade thread. This cd/flashdrive method looks much easier, I will definitely attempt this method myself and hopefully bring this Evo3d back to life). Not sure how anyone would have the guts to brick their evo3d just to downgrade the hboot(for me it's perfect though lol) but after reading several pages of the thread you linked, I see my Evo3d isn't in as bad of shape as I thought it was...hopefully.

still83fifty

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to update the thread...

So I never had a chance to attempt a downgrade, and was never able to get any Roms loaded...So the phone sits on my desk, and occasionally I try to turn it on or Factory reset it. Out of no where, after a factory reset, upon boot up it goes past the white HTC screen. Starts up like nothing was ever wrong with it((Oddly, it still had all of it's original data on it, nothing was erased or reset)). I thought Great! But upon a restart, it starts the reboot again...But now after about 4 or 5 reboot cycles, it will always start up. (whereas it never would start up before no matter what I did).

Upon every restart now, I get a "Tell HTC" notification saying there was a abnormal restart or shut down..I took a screen shot of the log. It also prompts for a update immediately, so I figure maybe a fresh install of the rom update will help. Problem is the thing will never reboot and restart without going into a boot loop, so the update takes twenty tries before it finally actually does a normal restart and begins the install. Note ...In the process of me trying to install the update over and over out of no where, when the phone reboots out of a loop cycle, it had performed the factory reset that I had last tried the previous day( don't ask me). So finally it updates successfully, but low and behold, it still goes into a boot loop anytime it tries a restart or is powered on.

Any ideas? While up and running, it works flawlessly, perfectly, but turn it off and you have to deal with a boot loop battle until it finally turns back on. Appreciate any input.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
it almost sounds like a corrupted boot partition, maybe you should unlock the bootloader so you can flash the stock boot.img,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech