Would you upgrade to the HTC Evo HD (One X)

Will you be getting the HTC Evo HD? (One X)

• Total voters

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm underwhelmed. I couldn't get the Evo One knowing the One X is soo much better looking and will probably have a better screen (according to rumons). A shame..

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Judging by leaked pictures it will have a 720p display but the unibody micro arc oxidation housing seems to have been skipped. The glass looks too squared and I wish it had the machine drilled earpiece holes. Looks like they went cheap for the sprint varient of the one x. I think I might have to stick to the galaxy nexus.

reggiep

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
If all the above is actually true, (cuz we will not truly know until tomorrow), I'm gonna get the journal (galaxy note). Go BIG or go Nexus ...lol

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
It seems like on purpose all these new devices are trying to find one category to be deficient in,
big internal storage, no sd card
big battery, not replaceable
processors haven't changed in a year considering overclocking.. everything's dualcore 1.2-1.7 or so..
bigger screensize is nice

But I guess it'll take the fall to get a device that really upgrades the specs of the 3d without downgrading something

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I have to have a phone that allows me to swap out batteries as well as an SD Card slot, so the X will not be an option for me. Too bad because I really have liked my EVO 4G and EVO 3D.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Judging by leaked pictures it will have a 720p display but the unibody micro arc oxidation housing seems to have been skipped. The glass looks too squared and I wish it had the machine drilled earpiece holes. Looks like they went cheap for the sprint varient of the one x. I think I might have to stick to the galaxy nexus.

I don't think they were trying to go cheap. I think they were trying to make it look similar to the OG Evo and Evo 3D to give it some continuity with the rest of the Evo line.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
With these specs I think I might pass up on it and keep my 3D for the time being. I mean if I was up for an upgrade I'd certainly welcome the idea of picking one up if the price was right.

I like my Evo 3D. I know its not the best hardware ever but it does what I need it to do. So waiting isn't all that painful for me either. It would still be a pretty good upgrade though. Then again I would want the T3 chip as I don't have 4G of any sort in Vermont! So faster the better IMO.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I will not buy the EVO One if it looks like the pic and has an amoled display.

The One X has a gorgeous body, incredible display, and is finally a sexy android phone.

The Sprint version looks like someone in f*cking vanilla flavored Johnson County Kansas got their fat, greasy hands all over it. If it looks like that Dan Hessey should be fired.

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Haven't seen it mentioned but if this phone doesn't have NFC I think I'm going to pass and get a Galaxy Nexus I'm getting my last yearly upgrade and this next phone has to last 2 years. I think the nexus might be the better choice with an extended battery

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I will not buy the EVO One if it looks like the pic and has an amoled display.

The One X has a gorgeous body, incredible display, and is finally a sexy android phone.

The Sprint version looks like someone in f*cking vanilla flavored Johnson County Kansas got their fat, greasy hands all over it. If it looks like that Dan Hessey should be fired.

I must say this made me LOL at my desk this AM. Nicely put! So what is the biggest difference with the screens? The casing I get.

Thanks for filling me in!

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Now that I've seen the real specs (super LCD all the way!) and good press shots (as opposed to blurry-cam pics), I'm very impressed.

dvs1j#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have 4s and the 3d. I love the size if my 3d but also kove the 4s retina display. I would have to be in love with the evo lte in order to buy off contract and forgo both my phone's. I can't wait to touch and play tho...

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I have 4s and the 3d. I love the size if my 3d but also kove the 4s retina display. I would have to be in love with the evo lte in order to buy off contract and forgo both my phone's. I can't wait to touch and play tho...

If you sold your 3D and 4s you could probably get the new Evo for pretty cheap. Assuming they are both in good condition, you could probably get ~$400 dollars for the two of them, maybe a little more. I'm betting the off contract price of the new Evo will be $550 or so, so that a pretty good deal, and you don't have to sign a new contract. If you really like the size of the 3D and the display of the 4s, then the new Evo is gonna be the best of both worlds. (I'd do it.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie