Evo 3D vs Evo LTE

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
So when our phone gets ICS what would be a sound reason to get the Evo LTE?

We've got a 1.2 dual core compared to the next gen 1.5 in the LTE. They've got a much better camera. Larger and higher quality screen. And LTE compatibility. Is that all though? Oh and Beats audio.
I'm just trying to decide if I need it. It is definitely a nice phone. I'm just wondering if it is enough to pull my from my iPhone as I've benched my 3D. Ill probably end up getting it either way. It will just be nice to have an easy justification LOL.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Im running 1.8 ghz on my 3D! The camera has our phone beat. But the new LTE phones are on a whole different level. Our phone can't compare to the one x no matter what we do!

Sent from my PG86100

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
So when our phone gets ICS what would be a sound reason to get the Evo LTE?

We've got a 1.2 dual core compared to the next gen 1.5 in the LTE. They've got a much better camera. Larger and higher quality screen. And LTE compatibility. Is that all though? Oh and Beats audio.
I'm just trying to decide if I need it. It is definitely a nice phone. I'm just wondering if it is enough to pull my from my iPhone as I've benched my 3D. Ill probably end up getting it either way. It will just be nice to have an easy justification LOL.

Processor: it's only 0.3 GHz faster, but GHz aren't everything. From the benchmarks coming out it looks like the Evo LTE processor will blow the Evo 3D processor out of the water
Camera: again, blows the Evo 3D out of the water, but no 3D if you care.
Screen: This sounds like the best screen ever created for a smartphone. (More water blowing) again, no 3D if that matters to you
4G: WiMax is dead. I don't know if you have WiMax in your area, but I don't. No one has Sprint LTE yet, but Sprint claims that it will be rolled out quickly and agressively. So I'm hoping to get it in New Orleans eventually. If you're in a decent sized city, you should get it too ... eventually
Beats Audio: supposedly better sound quality if you have or purchase a decent set of headphones... meh
Storage: It has a lot more storage than the 3D and still has an SD card slot
Battery: It's definitly a bigger battery, but it's not removable
Kickstand: Woot!
OS: Sense 4.0 vs Sense 3.6 (after ICS upgrade). I don't what the differences are (and I'm keen to find out), but I'm just pointing out that we won't be running the same version of ICS as them.

Reactions: Wiley_11

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Processor: it's only 0.3 GHz faster, but GHz aren't everything. From the benchmarks coming out it looks like the Evo LTE processor will blow the Evo 3D processor out of the water
Camera: again, blows the Evo 3D out of the water, but no 3D if you care.
Screen: This sounds like the best screen ever created for a smartphone. (More water blowing) again, no 3D if that matters to you
4G: WiMax is dead. I don't know if you have WiMax in your area, but I don't. No one has Sprint LTE yet, but Sprint claims that it will be rolled out quickly and agressively. So I'm hoping to get it in New Orleans eventually. If you're in a decent sized city, you should get it too ... eventually
Beats Audio: supposedly better sound quality if you have or purchase a decent set of headphones... meh
Storage: It has a lot more storage than the 3D and still has an SD card slot
Battery: It's definitly a bigger battery, but it's not removable
Kickstand: Woot!
OS: Sense 4.0 vs Sense 3.6 (after ICS upgrade). I don't what the differences are (and I'm keen to find out), but I'm just pointing out that we won't be running the same version of ICS as them.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll end up getting it. I used the 3D feature maybe twice. This phone definitely sounds like a beast. I just dont want to feel like I made the jump for nothing.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The EVOLTE (I say it like Steve Holt.. E Volt!) is definitely better.

But I'll wait until I can get it used from someone for about $300.

With a better camera, good battery, good speed, resolution, ram, cpu, nfc.. That'll be the phone to keep for years.

And who knows, it might be the last decent phone that isn't an abomination size-wise like the Note

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The Evo LTE is definitely going to be my choice when my upgrade is available in October. Unless they come out with the Evo 3d LTE. Then I'll have to flip a coin. Lol

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Question I haven't heard asked yet, but are buyers of the new device going to lose Swype and Facebook contact sync?

I take advantage of the Facebook for HTC sync vs the Android app sync, but with Google and FB butting heads, I'm concerned that I won't be able to batch upload photos to FB with tagging, etc and the Facebook app is pathetic when it comes to tagging still. Considering one of the big upgrades is the camera, it seems this should be addressed when marketing...but of course they're too busy trying to push G+ and not giving the Facebook support customers still want.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I dont think FB and Google will stop working with each other. Wouldn't be a smart move on their part. G+ will always be there too.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Question I haven't heard asked yet, but are buyers of the new device going to lose Swype and Facebook contact sync?

I actually prefer a phone that doesn't come with swype because then that allows me to easily install the latest swype version directly from swype. I've never seen the advantage to a phone that came with swype preinstalled.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely in. I shall pick up this beast. Don't know if I can wait until September, that's my closes update. If I want something that bad I don't wait. It's a bad habit of mine.

EVO-LUTION 3D

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Neither, I'm going with nexus for timely updates

Hop over to the Verizon website and check out the most recent user reviews of their Nexus. That doesn't look too appealing with so much complaining about bugs, battery life and signal issues. Granted, all new phones can have issues, but that one has been out for a bit now and it doesn't sound that great, at least from the reviews they post. I would think that Sprint's will have some similar and certainly new issues with their LTE radio maybe acting wonky with the jumbled mess that is Sprint's network these days.

If your EVO 3D is working well, you may want to sit on it for a few months while the Galaxy Nexus LTE and EVO LTE get up and running.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm DONE chasing the latest and greatest. Is your EVO 3d slow? bog down? I would be shocked. I have a Nexus S 4g with ICS UNDERVOLTED and it runs just fine with 1/2 the RAM and a single core - I can't imagine feeling "wanting of more power" now that I have a 3d.

I've got a tablet so I don't use phones for gaming much. I need good contact/email/calendar intergration and able to check news sites like Android Central. I DON'T need LTE to do that. CDMA 3g has been great at penetrating buildings in the Los Angeles area-(and 4g wimax is decent in my area) the real question is will LTE on Sprint at their high frequency do that? Also WHEN is LA getting LTE? Also the non removable battery is WAY TOO SMALL. Needed 2500 at minimum to consider not being able to swap batteries- which I do almost daily due to high usage.

I just picked up 2 Evo 3d's on craigslist for $155 each in great shape. They should suit me fine for a year. By next year we'll see how Sprint's LTE network is- and I won't be tied into a contract or without an upgrade. I can view the market for new phones- or by then the EVOLTE will be a reasonable used price ($200 or below street value)

After the debacle of the Evo 4g launch (buggy and poor built 1st run of phones) and the Epic 4g launch (FOREVER waiting for updates that STILL had software bugs when they arrived) I will no longer be a "beta tester" for the OEMs. Buy a "new condition" used phone long after it's been out and buy with confidence knowing how it will work based on plenty of user reviews here.

OR use your upgrade and then try unloading the EVOLTE for $500+ when you see it's not all that...but I'd rather not hassle with that.

Last edited:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I have had a 4g device for 2 years now with no Wimax in my area. My area will be among the first to have lte so that's why I am jumping all over this. Sick of having 4g phone with no 4g.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca