Facebook for HTC sense picture upload not working?

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So one of the big reasons I stuck with an Evo when the 3D came out was because I love how sense allows you to select a batch of pictures, tag them and upload thru Facebook. Recently noticing newer Facebook friends aren't available to tag (even when showing in the people application), and now starting yesterday, Facebook for Sense fails every time I try to upload from the gallery.

Have they shut something off? Anyone else noticed this and possibly found a fix?

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem myself. I tried to upload 7 photos and I'd watch the upload status. Each picture get to 10% each and then they fail.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had several attempts where it get to 100% but then fails out which is why I think HTC or Sprint turned something off. I know HTC said they are shutting down the online storage tool soon so maybe this is part of that system some how.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Found last night I was able to upload again using this function.

Still seeing that a recently added Facebook friend cannot be tagged in photos but need to verify if they have some settings against tagging based on networks an album is visible to, but I believe Facebook for HTC Sense has issues getting recent friends added to that tag list.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I used mine a few days ago and it seems just fine for me. Could it be your area? Think i last used it Saturday or Sunday.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had trouble with mine also pics show up in the album but I can't see them on the main page but my friends say they see them on there main page .

karaellis86

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
oh my god ive been pulling my hair out all evening trying to upload photos using the facebook htc sense app. but its not working. it uploads to 100% but then it fails. ive tried uninstalling it clearing the cache & reinstalling it but nothing works. it works for the normal facebook uploading app, but not the htc sense app.
can anyone help??

coptst

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same problem for a few weeks. It doesn't allow me to choose the album the photo goes to, which it used to. Whenever I load the app it is the first thing I check. If it doesn't allow me to pick from all my albums, I don't bother uploading... it will fail.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Getting same problem, says complete and didn't lead into my folder that I made for the pictures...

I use it mostly for batch upload...needs fixed.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
A common problem could be that maybe you quys chanqed you facebook password ? You need to remove facebook for htc sense and re-enter you new password and sign in again.

classiejc

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Sense Monkey I did change my password 2 days ago I have the Evo 3d and now I cant upload pics through HTC sense. Where in my phone should I go to remove facebook for htc sense so I can renter the new password as you said? Please help

classiejc

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I read your comment and I think you identified my problem as I certainly changed my password 2 days ago. I am now unable to upload pics throught htc sense as a result. Can you please walk me through where I have to go to remove it and then reinstall or reenter the new password as you state? I am not sooooo computer savvy and even the HTC customer service people could not tell me where to go to do this. I told them I thought my password change was the issue even before reading your same sentiments
Any help you can give me would greatly be appreciated

classiejc

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
SenseMonkey no need to reply as I figured out where to go to renter my htcsense password....the problem is not the password its the htc sense service: It reads WARNING: The service is currently unavailable. Its not even taking the new password when I hit enter....HTC explained to me over the phone they are doing away with HTC Sense and alot of the features that are working will no longer work as they are launching some new program not yet released. I must admit no notification was given of this and it really makes me want to get the Iphone now....Im a little pissed!!! So now I have to use the andriod feature for facedbook to upload instead of facebook for htc sense....

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
SenseMonkey no need to reply as I figured out where to go to renter my htcsense password....the problem is not the password its the htc sense service: It reads WARNING: The service is currently unavailable. Its not even taking the new password when I hit enter....HTC explained to me over the phone they are doing away with HTC Sense and alot of the features that are working will no longer work as they are launching some new program not yet released. I must admit no notification was given of this and it really makes me want to get the Iphone now....Im a little pissed!!! So now I have to use the andriod feature for facedbook to upload instead of facebook for htc sense....

You serious.? Mine still works just fine,i uploaded a pic to facebook today. My contacts and everything are still syncd,it doesnt tell me any notification saying its unavailable. (._.)

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I read your comment and I think you identified my problem as I certainly changed my password 2 days ago. I am now unable to upload pics throught htc sense as a result. Can you please walk me through where I have to go to remove it and then reinstall or reenter the new password as you state? I am not sooooo computer savvy and even the HTC customer service people could not tell me where to go to do this. I told them I thought my password change was the issue even before reading your same sentiments
Any help you can give me would greatly be appreciated

lright,if you still want to try it out,go to your htc sense facebook account by going into settings>accounts and syc> facebook for htc sense,and you should see the 3 options of syncing,the calendar,contacts,and newsfeed. In the bottom right theres a button that says "remove account". Press it,then itll take you back to the accounts and sync,press "add account" and press the htc sense facebook one. Reenter all your info like you normally would and it should let you sync your contacts and newsfeed,the only thing that isnt working on my 3D is the facebook calender sync.

chuy85

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I went on to the Facebook desktop page and it said I had to approve the photos before they were published. I did it from the gallery to create a new album. I think this might help you

Asterling19

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
lright,if you still want to try it out,go to your htc sense facebook account by going into settings>accounts and syc> facebook for htc sense,and you should see the 3 options of syncing,the calendar,contacts,and newsfeed. In the bottom right theres a button that says "remove account". Press it,then itll take you back to the accounts and sync,press "add account" and press the htc sense facebook one. Reenter all your info like you normally would and it should let you sync your contacts and newsfeed,the only thing that isnt working on my 3D is the facebook calender sync.

This worked for me! Thank you very much!

coptst

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

This worked BEAUTIFULLY. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non