No ICS leak yet?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe there isn't something out there yet! Something is going on, for sure. I updated a couple of apps 2 hours ago and now I just got swamped with 7 available updates: 3 are Google apps (Voice Search, Street View and Youtube), but the rest are Sprint/HTC apps. I religiously check for updates to all of my apps, at least once but sometimes multiple times per day, so I don't believe these are the same updates that people were talking about a few weeks back.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Don't we have a few ICS speculation threads already? As far as ICS for the 3D, I'm guessing it won't hit until the release of the EVO LTE draws nearer. The Nexus just got theirs. Maybe we aren't too far behind?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing the OTA will come sometime in June, but I'm hoping sooner. In terms of leaks, you mean an official HTC Sense 3.6 build getting leaked? You never know. Or do you mean a dev made ICS ROM for the Evo 3D? There are some of those you could flash, but I don't think any of them are fully functional.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Root access and a custom ROM is the best bet for getting ics on this phone for probably a couple months to maybe a year.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

migs

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised that a video of a leak on YouTube has not surfaced to ease our fears... bad marketing imo... Strategic "leaks" are all part of the marketing game and help build momentum and save ad expenses, Apple does it all the time... People will start considering HTC unreliable for updates

Sent from my EVO 3D

Last edited:

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=164556 this thread was two threads down from this one!

That's great. I wasn't asking about that. I suppose I could have posted in a different thread that was close, but it gets lost in the sauce. I'm wondering why, and specified in the thread title, we haven't seen an ICS leak yet for the 3D. There have been an awful lot of b.s. updates coming for Sprint and HTC apps recently, including an entirely new round of updates yesterday afternoon. But we haven't seen a stock ICS ROM from HTC. These things usually get "leaked" long before they hit the OTA release. I'm not looking for a release date on the OTA. I'm wondering about leaked ROMs.

If you don't like the thread, don't post in it. If you think it's redundant then become a Moderator and delete it or merge it with another thread. You appear to dislike this meaningless thread so much that you posted that sentiment twice.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I was just stating there are multiple threads on the same subject that are already open about the same subject. And opening more threads instead of reading the threads that are already open is the more appropriate thing to do! No harm meant!

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I was just stating there are multiple threads on the same subject that are already open about the same subject. And opening more threads instead of reading the threads that are already open is the more appropriate thing to do! No harm meant!

I've read them. I read them all the time. Pretty much every day. "No harm meant" would be believable if you didn't have 2 of the 6 replies in this thread, both stating that there were already other threads out there and this was a waste of space. You don't provide links to any of those other threads that answer the questions I had. Either they aren't the same or you just wanted me to feel small because you assume I didn't look. I assume that you have also gone into those other multiple threads and let everyone there know that they're ridiculous because there are already "X" number of threads out there about the same subject. Oh wait - you haven't.

Here's a thread, started after this one, that asks about the same new app updates. I notice you didn't post anything there.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...store-wants-update-bloatware.html#post1701851

Here is a thread about a probable ICS release date that you posted in but didn't mention redundant threads:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d/164556-any-ideas-when-ics-will-hit-evo-3d.html

Here's some more about ICS and the original app updates that you didn't post in at all:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d/165605-will-our-ics-update-released-evo-4g-lte-then.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d/165715-sprint-bloatware-new-permissions.html

Here's the first one dealing with this new round of Sprint/HTC app updates that you didn't post in. Based on your train of thought, all of the other threads I listed would be redundant in some way to this one because we discussed apps and ICS updates here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d/163689-sprint-bloat-play-store-under-my-apps.html

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Chill out dude lmfao!

I know. It looks pretty bad. I just had some free time this afternoon and got angry when I saw I had received an infraction for a post yesterday. You got the brunt of it. Sorry about that. For what it's worth, there's all of the EVO 3D app update/ICS threads all in a nice package!

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Were all here for the same purpose! I'm sorry too for insulting your post. Any help you need I will be more than glad to contribute positively in the future. But on another note htc forgot our phone and I think we will have to wait for a dev to pop out a fully functional ics ROM.

Last edited:

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Were all here for the same purpose! I'm sorry too for insulting your post. Any help you need I will be more than glad to contribute positively in the future. But on another note htc forgot our phone and I think we will have to wait for a seven to pop out a fully functional ics ROM.

No worries, man. I think I might be getting my period. My wife and I must be sync'd up now.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty sad when the nexus s is running official ics 4.0.4 and the 3D is a far more advanced phone and were not.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty sad when the nexus s is running official ics 4.0.4 and the 3D is a far more advanced phone and were not.

The Nexus is a "Google Experience" phone. Its one of the plus's to having one...

Plus HTC has to worry about Sense and all that jumbo! So we got what we paid for folks! It will come. If not today maybe tomorrow! Just on keep looking for it :)

moonpie28

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's the sad thing. Once we have ICS it's not going to be that much different than what we have now! We've seen the Sensation leaks. I've given up waiting and will be happy when it arrives. Nice little boost to make this phone last another six months till it's time for something new.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781