No ICS leak yet?

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Seriously people, we're not going to see stock ICS for the CDMA Evo 3D until after the Evo 4G LTE comes out.

I'm in one of the first cities that will get Sprint's LTE and I'll be fine with my Evo 3D once it gets the ICS update.

This is the main reason Sprint is holding the update back. If I got ICS on my Evo 3D right now, what motivation would I have to go pick up a Evo 4G LTE?
And this is also the reason for the discontinuation of the Evo 3D.

Plainly put, the Evo 4G LTE has to come out before we get the update.
In the meantime, here's some shots that can make your 3D feel ICS like.

This was what my first 3D looked like before I took my OtterBox Defender case off, and dropped it.

I'm probably going to use the same setup once ICS gets on this new stock 3D.

Last edited:

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
^^^^ Not necessarily true. The GB update was pushed to the OG EVO after the 3D was announced but before it was released. I don't think that the reason for discontinuing the 3D is strictly because the new EVO is coming, either. I think the 3D didn't sell nearly as much as Sprint thought it would. If it were simply a matter of retiring the previous model when the new one comes out then the OG EVO would have been done nearly a year ago as well. And I can think of lots of reasons to upgrade, and none of them have anything to do with getting ICS: bigger battery, faster processor, more efficient processor, more memory, bigger screen, better screen, better camera, HD Voice (if it can go mainstream).

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Seriously people, we're not going to see stock ICS for the CDMA Evo 3D until after the Evo 4G LTE comes out.

I'm in one of the first cities that will get Sprint's LTE and I'll be fine with my Evo 3D once it gets the ICS update.

This is the main reason Sprint is holding the update back. If I got ICS on my Evo 3D right now, what motivation would I have to go pick up a Evo 4G LTE?
And this is also the reason for the discontinuation of the Evo 3D.

Plainly put, the Evo 4G LTE has to come out before we get the update.
In the meantime, here's some shots that can make your 3D feel ICS like.

This was what my first 3D looked like before I took my OtterBox Defender case off, and dropped it.

I'm probably going to use the same setup once ICS gets on this new stock 3D.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Sprint isn't targeting the Evo 4G LTE to Evo 3D users. They are targeting it to the hundreds of thousands OG Evo users that are about to come off their contracts this summer. The Evo 4G was a runaway hit, and LOTS of people still use it. Most of those people will have an upgrade this summer, and trust me they won't be upgrading to the 3D.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the End of Life of the Evo 3D is related, but not from a customer perspective. They are stopping production on the Evo 3D so that HTC can focus on making as many Evo LTE's as possible. I don't think it will affect their ICS rollout at all.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The 3D still appeals to people who want a NEW high end dual core, 4G phone that works in their market (however hit or miss WiMax is) that will have Android 4.0. The Evo 4G LTE doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Too many negatives, the biggest of which is no 4G in my area for another year/year and a half.

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
The 3D still appeals to people who want a NEW high end dual core, 4G phone that works in their market (however hit or miss WiMax is) that will have Android 4.0. The Evo 4G LTE doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Too many negatives, the biggest of which is no 4G in my area for another year/year and a half.

Besides no 4g what else don't you like about it?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there is another data fee added to the existing one! I'll stick with my 3D! I love this phone!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Besides no 4g what else don't you like about it?

Sense 4.0 still has issues, not big enough of a change
Missing menu key, but 3 other hard keys makes it awkward
It's really ugly, what's with that glossy black? I support sprint for keeping unlimited data and trust me, I take full advantage, but they took a beautiful phone and totally ruined it. I can't support that. My 3D works, no reason to upgrade unless i'm 100% satisfied with a phone, and this phone isn't it.

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Sense 4.0 still has issues, not big enough of a change
Missing menu key, but 3 other hard keys makes it awkward
It's really ugly, what's with that glossy black? I support sprint for keeping unlimited data and trust me, I take full advantage, but they took a beautiful phone and totally ruined it. I can't support that. My 3D works, no reason to upgrade unless i'm 100% satisfied with a phone, and this phone isn't it.

Understandable I can see how you feel that way, I had the og Evo and the 3d I like the new Evo but I'm gonna see what the ics does for battery life for my Evo 3d

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar